HS3 goodness! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21
HS3 goodness!

I just put in a Dimarzio HS3 in the center position of my RG570. All I have to say is HOLY #[email protected]&! This is probably the best single coil I've ever heard. It sounds awesome split with the PAF Pro in the neck and the Tone Zone in the bridge on the 2 and 4 setting respectively but I've found myself playing in the middle position a lot with this pickup.
Just wanted to share in case anyone was thinking of getting this pickup...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 AM

Re: HS3 goodness!

I'd like to know what you did, because I can't seem to make a HS-2 or HS-3 sound very good in my 570's with a TZ and AN. I find the FS-1 much more useful, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. It seems like the HS-2/HS-3 are very quiet an too low in output to match up with an EVO or TZ.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 AM

Re: HS3 goodness!

I'll keep that in mind, since my guitar is in the shop right now getting a PAF Pro and a Tone Zone installed once i can afford a single coil ill check it out.

Tags
dimarzio , hs3 , paf pro , rg570 , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode