HSH pickup recommendation for Ibanez SV5470A - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Question HSH pickup recommendation for Ibanez SV5470A

I have a stock Ibanez SV5470A
S shape, mahogany body, rosewood board, non locking trem, 5 way switch with a push pull knob for coil splitting.

I find the stock Ibanez True Duo Blast pickups are a bit bland and want to swap them out to something more suited for my taste.

I play hard rock and modern metal but prefer medium output to retain clarity. I don't play with too much gain in order to keep percussive rhythms. Influences from Slash, to Kiko Loureiro, Keith Merrow / Wes Hauch, etc...
I play through Fractal stuff, as well as tube amps (Friedman, Marshall, 6505 etc)

I am considering:
- Tone Zone / True Velvet / Air Norton combo, but read on a forum that they might not be great on a mahogany guitar. Is that true?
- Crunch Lab / Liquifire (not sure what single coil to add)
- JB / Jazz, or Nazgul / Sentient, or Jupiter set (not sure what single coil to add).
- Fluence Keith Merrrow set (but thats $$$ after adding their single coil)

Any thoughts or other recommendations? Ideally something that splits coils nicely for added versatility.

Thanks!

Last edited by Paincakes; 09-02-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
keith merrow , pickups , slash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode