HSH Schaller Megaswitch "E" custom wiring help needed - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

HSH Schaller Megaswitch "E" custom wiring help needed

Hi there, this is my first post and I just have a (hopefully) quick and easy request (for some of you):

I have a new S770 (H/S/H) and have purchased and modified a Schaller Megaswitch (StewMac) E-Model to fit the cavity, and a set of DiMarzio 36th Ann. pups (4 wire) (stock Mid pup).

I really like the stock wiring diagram that comes with the E-model switch, but I need to, basically, reverse the settings. As it is: 1 Bridge full (series); 2 Bridge coil split (outer) with middle (parallel); 3 Bridge/Neck (outer/parallel); 4 Neck coil split (inner) with middle (parallel); 5 Neck full (series).

I like most of the setup, but what I really want is to switch the 2 and 4 positions to be Neck outer coil split with middle (parallel), and Bridge inner coil split with middle (parallel). The rest would be best if it could stay the same.

Is this possible by just switching around a couple of the leads? If you have a schematic for this that's easy enough for someone who can solder well from pictures and descriptions I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 AM

Re: HSH Schaller Megaswitch "E" custom wiring help needed

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...84932929500684
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for that link, but I have the actual switch with the wiring diagrams that come with it. My concern is dealing with modifying the diagrams provided to the specifications mentioned in my post above. I only posted here because several days of online obsession and research has not revealed the specific information I'm after. I don't think it'd be that complicated for someone who already knows a lot about wiring switches. I just need to find that person who reads my post completely, gathers all the pertinent information and requests, processes it accurately, and sends me a solution to my problem, much like one would expect from computer-based communication, but with some semblance of syntax.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 AM

So it looks like the only difference is which coil you want to be tapped.

You have two options. You can flip the pickup around where coil A is toward the neck and coil B toward the bridge.

Or you can wire the red wire to the ground and use the green as the hot wire. This reverses the flow of the pickup and would give you the right coil without physically flipping the humbucker.

Do it with both the neck and bridge and it should give you what you want.

Tags
diagram , dimarzio , megaswitch , sabre , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode