Humbucker From Hell - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Humbucker From Hell

I am going to try one of these in the bridge of my guitar. I was thinking of putting an EJ custom neck into the neck. I would think they would pair quite well but I am not sure. What do you think? Hope you can help.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 09:40 PM

humbucker from hell is traditionally a neck pickup. If you wanted to include that in to your configuration i would put it in the neck and a tone zone in the bridge. Or check out the air norton and paf pro for a neck pickup. The tone zone is the best bridge pickup in my opinion
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 03:43 AM

yeah the humbucker from hell is going to be crazy bright in the bridge.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I don't see anything wrong with putting the HfH in the bridge personally, but I've only ever heard of it in SSH guitars where the player wanted to have a strat tone, but less hum and more output.

I'd personally advise that you go for a neck pickup with the same or lower output, which hte EJ Neck is

I think they'll pair really nicely too, you'll just have to watch your treble/presence settings

I bet they'd work for either smooth stratty-jazz stuff and also extreme metal tones where the amp provides the distortion and you can't let things get too muddy.

Let us know how you go on
jono is online  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 AM

Reviews: 3
I'd like to put a pair of HFH in one of my 550's.
I love the one in the neck position of my scalloped board RG.

Let me know how it turns out....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

I've got the pickups but the hfh in the bridge might just be too bright like you said. I would put them in but I can only burn my hands and splatter solder everywhere when I attempt putting the pickups in myself. So, becuase I have to pay someone else to do it I don't want to **** it up again. I have an Air Zone which I am going to put into the bridge and I will put the hfh in the neck. I'll keep the EJ neck and try it with the hfh out when I learn to solder properly. Ha, I've been an Engineer for 4 years now, become skilled in all different kinds of welding and I can't even solder a stinking wire. Anyway, thanks for your help.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredlix
I've got the pickups but the hfh in the bridge might just be too bright like you said. I would put them in but I can only burn my hands and splatter solder everywhere when I attempt putting the pickups in myself. So, becuase I have to pay someone else to do it I don't want to **** it up again. I have an Air Zone which I am going to put into the bridge and I will put the hfh in the neck. I'll keep the EJ neck and try it with the hfh out when I learn to solder properly. Ha, I've been an Engineer for 4 years now, become skilled in all different kinds of welding and I can't even solder a stinking wire. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Practice makes perfect! You'll get the hang of it, but it is a bit tricky. That's why when I installed the latest pickup in my bridge, I left the wires attached to the selector switch/pots and just cut them, then attached them to the pickup leads. Viola! Takes about 5 minutes, and a helluva lot easier than trying to solder in that little cavity.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Now if only I would have thought of that before I unsoldered everything.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 04:14 PM

Dark Wolf,

So when you attached the PU leads to the leads attached to the switch, are you just twisting the bare wires together or using some sort of crimped connection? Or are you just soldering the two leads together?

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredlix

Practice makes perfect! You'll get the hang of it, but it is a bit tricky. That's why when I installed the latest pickup in my bridge, I left the wires attached to the selector switch/pots and just cut them, then attached them to the pickup leads. Viola! Takes about 5 minutes, and a helluva lot easier than trying to solder in that little cavity.

Tags
air norton , bridge pickup , neck pickup , neck position , paf pro , strat tone , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode