Re: I have a cool idea...
Well I just had some brainstorming ideas in the shower..basically its a modified World of Warcraft bank system.
Here we go, the Pickup Club:
First the Rules:
1. No Stock pickups, i.e. V1,v7,v8, Duncan Designed, EMG select and no names.
2. All must have usable lead length, like 5+ inches. Pickups will be tested upon arrival with a voltmeter to test resistance, if they fail they will be returned to shipper without the swap or deny the membership cost until you send a working pickup.
3. DiMarzio, Duncan and other boutique like Bareknuckles welcome. No Actives. In the banks eyes, every pickup is of equal value. Pickups will be free of any major damage or corrosion, light scratches are acceptable.
4. If you want a pickup thats in the Banks inventory, you must send in a pickup first with either the postage for shipping the new pickup to you or a self addressed paid postage envelope/box/bubble whatever. In the eyes of the club each pickup is of equal value. Right now I think single coils are out.
5. International members are welcome, but remember, your paying the postage both ways. If this becomes popular, we could have a bank on either side of the pond to cut down on costs.
6. People willing to participate must be an active jemsite member for 6+ months with at least 1 user feedback. (this rule will probably be tweaked)
7. The cost of this membership is 1 pickup as well as meet rule #6. This membership cost is crucial because it builds the bank inventory up, and without it, this whole idea wouldn't work, and it will eliminate n00b and thieves. This will be the single biggest rule of pickup club and one that will never change.
I think this is a sweet idea personally..
Last edited by Lefty Robb; 02-09-2008 at 01:50 AM.