I know these get boring, but pickup suggestions please :) - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

I know these get boring, but pickup suggestions please :)

I have an RG1550. And am looking to replace the bridge pickup (single coil can stay, don't really use it).

Here are 2 mp3's that I have recorded with my 1550, to give you an idea of my style ( i also like clean guitar too).
http://foofighter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/november.mp3
http://foofighter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/december.mp3

I've been recommended the evo, but I read a thread the other day saying they're either "full on, or not at all" (if you know what that means ).

I am set on getting a PAF Pro for the neck.
And can't decide which bridge pickup would suit my playing most, and go with the paf pro.
I've been thinking of either the Evo or the FRED (the lead guy from funeral from a friend uses a FRED and I quite like his tone)

I should be ordering in the next few days so quick responses would really rock
(Sorry for long post )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 07:18 PM

i had a problem with my breeds, but it got fixed, and now they are sweet. nice and smooth.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 07:22 PM

Blah blah blahblah, blah blah blah Tone Zone blah blah Air Norton. Blah blah blahblah PAF Pro.

Blah blahblah blah blah, Seymour Duncan JB blah '59. Blah blah blah blahblahblah!

Blah?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 12:50 AM

Darren, I couldn't agree with you more.

Hey why don't we all just pitch in, and buy one of each of the "top ten" that are always discussed here. Then we could "check them out" for a week at a time for trials, like a library. You'd get charged late fees if you didn't return them. That way, everyone who's having a pickup crisis could just check the pickup out for a week. Not a bad idea, huh?

Now I can't get away with a rant like that unless I actually add to the discussion. If you like a guy's sound with the Fred, then that's it. No further searching. But if you like his sound, but wish it had a little more "oomph", then maybe the Norton is right. They describe it as between the Fred and Tone Zone. Logically, that tells me that it is also "between" the Fred and Evolution.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Blah blah blahblah, blah blah blah Tone Zone blah blah Air Norton. Blah blah blahblah PAF Pro.

Blah blahblah blah blah, Seymour Duncan JB blah '59. Blah blah blah blahblahblah!

Blah?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

hmm frank, never looked at the Norton before, but the description seems to fit what i want.

PAF Pro/Norton is what I'll go for then.

cheers guys, especially darren for his input

Tags
air norton , bridge pickup , darren wilson , paf pro , seymour duncan , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode