I need a wiring diagram, ASAP!!! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

I need a wiring diagram, ASAP!!!

I am wiring up a H-S-H configuartion and I am using 2 volumes, no tone and a 3 way blade switch. I am wanting to run the bridge hum on a volume by itself and the middle(single) and neck hum on the other volume. Switch position would be: down=bridge humbucker, middle= middle single coil, and up=neck humbucker

someone please explain the best way for me to do this

hotrod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 PM

Re: I need a wiring diagram, ASAP!!!

I would just use one volume as a master volume for all 3, after the switch

and the other volume on just the bridge humbucker, between the pickup and the switch.

but I dont get why you need two volumes if you are always running each pickup on its own ?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 PM

yeah im lost as to why the need for 2 volumes.

the switch part is easy its just exactly as you describe on the switch lugs.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Got it!!!! Finally figured out the perfect way and got it finished. Works wonderfully. One cool feature is if on the bridge pup and the volume for the M/N is off you can do some neat "stutter" effects, ala Ace Frehley. Not sure if I would do it on a every night, every other song basis as I am not sure if blade type switches are as durable as standard 3 ways.

Anyways, I am stoked that I finally got my wiring finished.

pups being used for this install were: Seymour Duncan TB-4 reverse(JB) bridge, S1 middle and Seymour Duncan '59 neck

hotrod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode