Ibanez FR365 Pickups change - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez FR365 Pickups change

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, but I hope that you will not ignore my message

My question concerns the Ibanez FR365 with HS (Tone Core) pickups. I have been wondering for some time that I should upgrade those and find something better.

I have decided upon buying DiMarzio Tone Zone as my neck pickup which I did, but I have a problem when it comes to the neck pickup.

I have been considering DiMarzio Area T, Twang King or Virtual T yet I have found that my Tone Zone is a high-output pickup and a classical telecaster neck pickup may cause some output imbalance issues.

My question is the following: is it possible to fit a 'strat' style pickup in the FR365 model? Or are there any other alternatives I should consider when it comes to the neck pickup?

Thank you in advance for all the responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez FR365 Pickups change

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that you bought a tone zone as the neck pickup, or are you looking to pair a neck pickup with the tone zone in the bridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstankiewicz91 View Post
Hi there,

I have decided upon buying DiMarzio Tone Zone as my neck pickup which I did, but I have a problem when it comes to the neck pickup.

I have been considering DiMarzio Area T, Twang King or Virtual T yet I have found that my Tone Zone is a high-output pickup and a classical telecaster neck pickup may cause some output imbalance issues.

Thank you in advance for all the responses.
If the Tone Zone is in the bridge position, then yes, you may find some imbalance issues with a standard tele-style neck pickup, but it all depends on what you want from the guitar.

Tags
dimarzio , ibanez fr365 , mods , pickups & wiring , specs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode