ibanez powersound - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

ibanez powersound

hi guys, im thinking of doing a paul gilbert dino replica, i have a set of ibanez powersound pickups from a gsa60, i need to know which ones are which, ie neck or middle. one has yellow and black wires the other has white and black, the wiring diagrams i have found do not show the color codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Re: ibanez powersound

The diagrams I have seen only show red and white. The Powersound pickups I have here are also all red and white. Do they have any other markings?

But i've got to say, Powersounds are really, really horrible pickups. Just about anything would be better.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

paul gilbert uses them in his red dino guitar, as im building a replica i want it as close as possible
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

a couple of pics, not my actual pickups but the same.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

i found it.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 AM

Hi can you share your findings. I have a problem with my GRG270BKN. I bought Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invader for my bridge pickup, put out single pickup that came with guitar, and leave PSND1 neck picku, untill get some extra money to buy another Seymor Duncan for my neck pickup. Got 3-way Fender switch to replace stock 5-way switch, and I can't get wiring right. Any help? Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by chak840 View Post
Hi can you share your findings. I have a problem with my GRG270BKN. I bought Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invader for my bridge pickup, put out single pickup that came with guitar, and leave PSND1 neck picku, untill get some extra money to buy another Seymor Duncan for my neck pickup. Got 3-way Fender switch to replace stock 5-way switch, and I can't get wiring right. Any help? Thanks
This thread is over 3 years old. You'll find the answers you need in the sticky thread at the top of this section

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 AM

Thank you very much.

Tags
paul gilbert , powersound pickups , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode