Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Hello all I recently got an Ibanez RG351DX, and I want to switch out the pups.
1. What type of music do you like? (Parkway drive, A day to remember, Bring me the horizon, Ausut burns red)
2. 30 watt line 6, and 75 watt peavey are my main two amps
3. What are the specifics of your guitar? I find myself having to browse the web all the time to find out the specs of peoples guitars...
B. maple or rosewood board? (rosewood fret board
C. how many frets?(24 frets)
D. what controls are on it?(one volume, one tone)
E. What type of wood is you body made from?(basswood)
F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard?(mounted in the pickguard)
1. I am changing the pickups because the stock ibanez pickups don't sound great to me, and would prefer to have active pickups.
2. Emg pickups preferred, I played a ESP guitar 401 with and 81 and 85 and loved how it sounded. Also looking for a more agressive tone I guess you could say so emgs would be ideal
What I am thinking: 81 in the neck position, and 60 in the bridge, but not 100 percent set.
Also I have hooked up and emg passive pickup in an sg before but have never done active pups with a 5 way switch.