ibz usa pickup spacing - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

ibz usa pickup spacing

hello,
i just wanted to know if anyone knew the spacing of the IBZ usa / dimarzio made pickups. f-spaced or not f spaced? ( i want to buy some bobbin toppers for them)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 06:08 PM

At least my IBZ F2 and RG550 stock pickup (1989) were both non f-spaced, which I wondered because both guitars had EDGE bridge.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 07:28 PM

They're both. I've had both. The original IBZUSA with no "F" lettering after it is not F spaced. It's regular spaced. Although I've never seen an F2 that wasn't F spaced come to think of it, but in 1989 they just came out with the F series and it's possible. All your F3's should be F spaced, and I have had F1's that were F spaced, but they tout that as a neck pickup, too and so I imagine it was made both ways, maybe not, though, because I seem to remember taking one out of an S that was F spaced.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 08:00 PM

Reviews: 12
Quote:
Although I've never seen an F2 that wasn't F spaced come to think of it, but in 1989 they just came out with the F series and it's possible.
I just looked at my Ibz USA F2 (which is lying around) from the bridge of an 1989 RG760 and it has a stamped F right above the Made in U.S.A. stamp.

Reg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 12:10 AM

Yeah that's what I thought but I didn't want to say that Heka was wrong because I don't have his pickup here in front of me. But I do believe that even the F4's and the F1's that were used in the neck position were F spaced.

I don't want to presume, but couldn't the "F" mean just that? Maybe some have the F underneath in the baseplate and some don't. So if you have a regular IBZUSA get non "F" spaced toppers but it's pretty safe to say that every "F" model is f-spaced.

Tags
bobbin toppers , edge bridge , neck pickup , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode