JEM10th Evolution Wiring Diagram..... - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

JEM10th Evolution Wiring Diagram.....

Hi!
-96 i bought myself a JEM10, but didnt like the way my EVOs were "humming" when i touch the chrome with my fingertips.
So I ordered a second set of Evolutions, in black this time.

Still waiting for the neckpickup to arrive, i decided to change the bridge wich I have recieved in -96 (Yes...Im still waiting for my pickup after more than 5 years of waiting....guiness records or??? ).

Now I am a little confused as I replaced the original and I was REALLY carefully wth the wiring (colours and placement), to get the new EVO exactly as the original. After assembling all and trying the Guitar, I found NO SOUND from the new one

As so many others I start to think (oh no, thats not good )
My questions are:

Has the pickup (DP159 F-Spaced) any difference compared to th original one?

There are four colours and a bare ground wire.

On my JEM10 it is the green and the red wire that is soldered togeter on the swich.

After a quick research here, i found 2 wiring diagrams that might suite me well. One is JEM7 wiring diagram wich includes the newer switch and the wiring is just as on my JEM10th ....BUT...in that diagram the Black&White are soldered toger at the switch.

When i searched for a diagram i found an older one, wich where not recommended (why not?), that has the same wiring with green and red together?!?!?! It seems to be for PAF PROs ...

Now for the quicktrickquestion, wich i need a really fast answer before i pickup my soldering iron :

Should i go for the newer wiring diagram, where i have to resolder both pickups or should i put the black and white together on my newer pickup and try ???????

Why does not my pickup wiring match the one from this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 05:35 AM

umm black and white is how I do it. Go with that. this is a jem 10. If you can afford the guitar, take it to a tech. Just my two cents
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 03:03 PM

Dude, if your guitar is "humming when you touch the chrome" you have
some wiring issues probably with your amp or your cables. Most likely
NOT with the guitar!

You might be throwing your money into the wrong area!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 03:06 PM

Gerca, I should add that if your having problems with your wiring, you
should have a pro look at it! Pickups are really easy to do honestly, and
as I said in my previous post, I think you have issues outside your guitar.

Judging from how long it took you to get your pickups, I'm figuring your
not in the United States?

Honestly, anyone in the Chicago area that needs help with wiring, I'd
do it for the cost of a Happy Meal and a Thank You!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Raven :)

Thanks for the advice....
When I discovered the faulty humming, first thing I did, was to send the guitar back to the Swedish importer of Ibanez (yes, I live in Sweden and are just dumb enough to wait 5 years for them to deliver a Prepaid DP158 F-Spaced ).

It was some egghead at the repairshop back with the importer, that did that grinding thing, and it made me angry enought, to order a new set of EVOs...black this time.....

Oki...after studying the Wiring diagram I can see that both the B&W and the Red&Green wiring, should work...

It was delivered with the Red/Green wire connected to the same spot at the switch, and the White/Bare connected to the ground, leaving black for hot output (also the S-Coil have one Black and One Red wire and NOT Red and Green as in the most recent wiring diagram).

Seems like this setting is taken right off the "older" PAF wiring diagram, wich is not recommended.

Why not???
Will the sound be altered if you send the signal "backwards" in the coils, as in this case?

Ive got the pickups to work now (soldered one notch too high on the hot-out-wire :P ).

Any reason to change and resolder with Black/White to switch, Green/Bare to ground and Red as HOT output???

Sounds great now but can it sound better ???

(If i can find pictures of my "ruined" EVOs Ill post m ASAP)....

See you in Sweden
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 05:09 PM

Jem 10 indeed makes some buzz when touching the crome. So Chrome wear isn't that bad
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all...I found it out now :)

Just a matter of colourswitching in the wiring diagram......
Works outstandingly good now!!
a real different from the ruined aluminacovered pieces that were rebuilt by thoose f**king bastards ( ), who I am really having a hard time to relay to again......

Tags
paf pro , pickup wiring , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode