Just finished wiring and my bridge pup sounds like a blend of bridge and neck - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Just finished wiring and my bridge pup sounds like a blend of bridge and neck

Hey guys. Just finished wiring my guitar and everything is flawless(including the sound of the neck pup) except that the bridge pup sounds like its a blend between the neck and the bridge. Where would this flaw be in my wiring? No Middle pickup. No excess hum feedback or anything. Must have misplaced a wire.
Help would be awesome!

Pickups-
Bridge: Dimarzio Tone Zone
Neck: Dimarzio Humbucker from hell.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 PM

Reviews: 12
Re: Just finished wiring and my bridge pup sounds like a blend of bridge and neck

what model guitar is it and is it a five way switch or 3 pos mini toggle?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Re: Just finished wiring and my bridge pup sounds like a blend of bridge and neck

fender 5 way switch.... model wouldn't matter(guitar)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

hmmmm just noticed when i push the selector away from the body(towards your leg) it works right. but when i let go it goes back to bad. maybe dropped a bit of solder in there or something?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM

firstly check as on both pups the white and black are joined, the green and ground are joined and to ground and the red is hot... sounds really patronising but simple things first.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 PM

lol! maybe swarf maybe a dry joint! And i was just waffling about simple things lol!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

understood your first post but not your second. haha thanks so far tho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode