Just ordered pick ups... - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered pick ups...

Hey all ,I just ordered me some mighty fine Dimarzios , one PAF Pro , and one Tonezone , I ordered standard humbuckers , as opposed to the F spaced ones. They are for my RG550 , when i ordered them from universaljems.com I wasnt sure about F Spaced pickups , and Im not sure if my rg needs them or the standard ones , can anyone help?
Thanks
Anton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 02:58 PM

You don't NEED F-spaced ones for anything tonal.

But, to please the eye, because of aligned strings (with poles), get them changed to F-spaced pups
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

I only need an F spaced one in the bridge right ?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 03:57 PM

I always get f-spaced bridge and neck for trem guitars,and non f-spaced for hardtails,Some may get an F for the bridge and a normal one for the neck

For what it's worth i doubt there is MUCH of a differance between the sound,But i dunno for sure

Rob
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 04:22 PM

Get the F-Spaced bridge pickups.

My motto is "If you're going to do it, do it right"

~K
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Cheers guys , I went ahead and emailed Brian and he changed my order , great guy!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 08:23 AM

How much did it cost in total (inc. postage to UK) ?

Also, let us know if you get clobbered by UK customs when they arrive..
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 09:59 AM

If Brian insured them for their actual value (which I expect he did) Ben will get the normal 22% charge from the postal company. Allthough you do occasionally "slip through the net", its all about luck...
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Hi hexa-db , it cost 79 pound for the two pick ups + shipping , yeah I will get 22% of the price probably but brian said this in the email so you wont be able to get them there anymore :

Hi Ben,

Yes I changed the order for your bridge pickup to an F-spaced. Your also the last customer I will be serving to the UK, seems the distributor there got upset so no more international sales but yours will go through ok.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:16 AM

Damn that sucks

Maybe we should contact the distributor and point out that if they didn't charge so damn much for them in the UK we wouldn't be importing them from UniversalJems!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Haha! , my thoughts exactly dude
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Yes I changed the order for your bridge pickup to an F-spaced. Your also the last customer I will be serving to the UK, seems the distributor there got upset so no more international sales but yours will go through ok.
Probably because they are so ****e over here :/
Seriously, they don't have an Steve's Specials in stock, no Air Nortons. If I want different coloured bobbins, i have a 3-4 month wait.
Fecking useless!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:20 AM

pretty much the same case over here i can only get my pickups after extensive waiting when the distributor orders them, say 2 - 3 months?!

Tags
air norton , air nortons , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , paf pro , spaced pickup , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode