LOVE the Gravity Storm bridge - but - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

LOVE the Gravity Storm bridge - but

...I now have overlap with the BK Abraxas in my Strat. What does that say? DiMarzio CRUSHED IT with this design! It's about 1/2 the cost of the BK and splits just as well, if not better - and is beautiful. I just need something a bit bigger sounding - more push and mids, if possible. If I just got a bit more output and thickness, I'd be done.

The GS neck is the end-all/be-all as far as I'm concerned. It's so juicy, clear, and chewy. The best qualities of a SC and HB fused + it splits exceedingly well. I find it to be a bit louder than the bridge, even, and I've no more room to lower it.

So, what is a guy that loves heavy rock to do? I'm in a one guitarist band and play lead 70% of the time and hold down rhythm the remainder. Splitting is a nice-to-have, but I need thick, rich, and chewy midrange. Love fluid lead tones that sing and break up into harmonics. Clarity is important, as well.

Again - hands down the best DiMarzio I've ever tried - and it's forced me to come off of a 4 year BK bender. Consider my mind open. I'm willing ot live with this pickup, but it makes me want to sell my strat out of redundancy.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Re: LOVE the Gravity Storm bridge - but

I complete retract the earlier post. This really is an OUTSTANDING set of pickups. I cannot imagine a better set in the S540. I'm tempted to slap these in everything I own now. What changed? Nothing but a little tweaking of my rig. I just don't get how a pickup capable of such heaviness can retain an organic and chewy edge to its character - or even switch gears and master low-moderate gain styles, as well. These have ruined me for BKs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 08:14 PM

Re: LOVE the Gravity Storm bridge - but

I have these in one of my J Customs and they are fantastic in there! A great set of pickups!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode