Lundgren - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Question Lundgren

does anyone on here, ever tried to play with Lundgren pick ups???
i don't know how it sounds by the way but everyone says it works! (espacially on meshuggah)

the most popular humbucker it's the M siries! ( like M8 )
are expensive and the good guitar custom shops have them!!

so can anyone share his expirience here???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Re: Lundgren

well.. seeing that I'm one of thier main dealer/distributors I can tell you that the pickups are fantastic. A little bit on the expensive side though. The M series is actually one of the best selling models for me and I also do Bare Knuckle and Dimarzio.

Over all the lundgren M series is kinda like a Tone Zone with more output and more upper mids. It's got that "WALL" of sound that hits you like a battering ram in the chest no matter what tuning you have it in. It's a pickup if like your tone to be big, warm and aggressive, but like the Tone Zone, it can also sound woofy. If you generally prefer something with more top end bite take a look at the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb or Painkiller.

Here's a video of the M6 in action (the video is actually the trailer for Rob Rock's live DVD. CJ Grimmark, the guy playing the Caparison in the video is a good friend of mine and has been using the M6 for years.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7TrjsBvG8
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 03:20 PM

Oh if you're wondering how it sounds for lead playing here's a video with all the guitar solos from that same Rob Rock DVD with CJ playing his Lundgren loaded Caparisons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_cF_WXDOg

I don't know what pickups the guy with the Ibanez has but CJ's got a matched set of Lundgren's in both his Caparison Dellinger and TAT
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Lundgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
well.. seeing that I'm one of thier main dealer/distributors I can tell you that the pickups are fantastic. A little bit on the expensive side though. The M series is actually one of the best selling models for me and I also do Bare Knuckle and Dimarzio.

Over all the lundgren M series is kinda like a Tone Zone with more output and more upper mids. It's got that "WALL" of sound that hits you like a battering ram in the chest no matter what tuning you have it in. It's a pickup if like your tone to be big, warm and aggressive, but like the Tone Zone, it can also sound woofy. If you generally prefer something with more top end bite take a look at the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb or Painkiller.

Here's a video of the M6 in action (the video is actually the trailer for Rob Rock's live DVD. CJ Grimmark, the guy playing the Caparison in the video is a good friend of mine and has been using the M6 for years.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7TrjsBvG8
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
Oh if you're wondering how it sounds for lead playing here's a video with all the guitar solos from that same Rob Rock DVD with CJ playing his Lundgren loaded Caparisons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_cF_WXDOg

I don't know what pickups the guy with the Ibanez has but CJ's got a matched set of Lundgren's in both his Caparison Dellinger and TAT

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaa! dude you freak me up! yeah i'm talkin about tone! and it's normal... everything GOOD on earth it coast! so if some one give money for gear, must also spend a lot, for good tone!
by the way the links you post sounds perfect! hmmmm i hope in the future have a guitar loaded with M siries!

thank you a lot dude!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 05:29 PM

no problem man. If you have a hard time locating them just let me know.

Cheers,

Budd

Tags
6string , 7string , 8string , humbucker , pick ups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what does a lundgren m7 look like

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode