Metal PickGuards - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
TPV

Metal PickGuards

I came across www.preciousmetalproducts.co.uk which offer custom metal pickguards.

The guy I emailed at this company said the pickguards improve the sound of the pickups.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience with this, or knows how a metal pickguard would alter the pickups and sound.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Vendor

If I could mount it on a guitar I would test that, but the one I recieved has many screwholes off and the neck pocket is 1mm too narrow
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
TPV

Where did you order it?

The guy at www.preciousmetalproducts.co.uk offer their plates for specific modules. That would suck if you ordered one for a Jem or so and it didnt fit because they cost around 50 quid.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Vendor

Direct from them, for a Jem, that won't fit without alot of modifying.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 12:29 AM

Reviews: 1
thats good to know. I was thinking of the polished stainless steel guard for my UV. Maybe i'll rethink that now.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 05:05 AM

EDITED OUT DUE TO LEGAL ACTION THREATS

Rob
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 09:32 AM

weird, i met the bloke personally twice to get my pickguard sorted.
the neck pocket was 1mm too thin on mine too, he just gave it a quick pull and it was fine.
I had no problems dealing with him.

about the sound hmm. theres a tiny bit of improvements, harmonics are easier to pull off, but thats about it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 01:39 PM

I would like to take this chance to defend our self's, as I am a partner in said company.
I have been a member since 09/10/03 and have not once 'pushed' our products by posting them on this forum. I joined this forum as a honest member rather than to get more sales.

Rich is quite correct in that we sent him one of our original samples, which he had problems with in regards to the holes not all matching up. I openly admit this, as we also had teething problems with the neck gap.
I spent a week or so in email discussion with Rich, which he can confirm, trying to sort the problem.
I believe we have now resolved this, with Rich's feedback to us being invaluable, as he pointed out the mis-aligned holes.

Just check the recent customer feedback on our website from Axel A.J.Julius, guitarist with German band called Scanner.
http://www.preciousmetalproducts.co...._fedback_2.htm

Jem7RB MK/Rob, I have all the email correspondence you ever sent and would gladly post it on here to show I offered you a free Les Paul Pickguard (we normally charge £25 and you enquired about) and that we already had a Universe on eBay, but with 3 control knobs not 2 as it was a spare one off for a customer we had done. I have the email from you stating this. Apart from the email correspondence regarding that I admit I have sent you 2 pm's on here, if a admin could check this out (I have pm'ed jemsite). The second was to apologise for contacting you 1st time after you answered. I appreciate people have there own opinion but don't like it when not the full truth is told Rob.

Thanks for the support Matt, my partner met you and glad you were happy with it.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Vendor

Bottom line, one of your customers [if not many more] got stuck with a guard that isn't right and that they can't do anything with [me]. Nobody offered to make it right even after checking it against the other guards for you.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh66
I would like to take this chance to defend our self's, as I am a partner in said company.
I have been a member since 09/10/03 and have not once 'pushed' our products by posting them on this forum. I joined this forum as a honest member rather than to get more sales.

Rich is quite correct in that we sent him one of our original samples, which he had problems with in regards to the holes not all matching up. I openly admit this, as we also had teething problems with the neck gap.
I spent a week or so in email discussion with Rich, which he can confirm, trying to sort the problem.
I believe we have now resolved this, with Rich's feedback to us being invaluable, as he pointed out the mis-aligned holes.

Just check the recent customer feedback on our website from Axel A.J.Julius, guitarist with German band called Scanner.
http://www.preciousmetalproducts.co...._fedback_2.htm

Jem7RB MK/Rob, I have all the email correspondence you ever sent and would gladly post it on here to show I offered you a free Les Paul Pickguard (we normally charge £25 and you enquired about) and that we already had a Universe on eBay, but with 3 control knobs not 2 as it was a spare one off for a customer we had done. I have the email from you stating this. Apart from the email correspondence regarding that I admit I have sent you 2 pm's on here, if a admin could check this out (I have pm'ed jemsite). The second was to apologise for contacting you 1st time after you answered. I appreciate people have there own opinion but don't like it when not the full truth is told Rob.

Thanks for the support Matt, my partner met you and glad you were happy with it.
Uh huh,and the fact you withdrew the offer after ? don't worry,i won't say anything about your company again ... ever,i don't want to be sue'd ... can't afford it,Good luck in the future and hope all goes well for you and your company

Rob
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Vendor

Just to update, the offer to return for a replacement has been made, and is apreciated.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:42 PM

"This statement is my personal opinion"
Better say that so i don't get sued!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Just to update, the offer to return for a replacement has been made, and is apreciated.
I'm glad for you it's easy dude,if only i could stop them e-mailing me and threatening me with legal action if i don't withdraw my negative opinion which i did am hour ago
Obviously they can't take critism

Rob
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Vendor

Threats are usually, just that. If you always speak truth [or opinion] there's no muscle behind a threat
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:52 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
kindly drop the discussion about private email, threats, etc.

some of you guys need to count to 1000 before posting i guess if self-control is not something you are in full command of.

thanks in advance... glen
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Vendor

Dang, what comes after 776??

Tags
control knobs , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode