my paf joe review:) - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

my paf joe review:)

I finally got installed the paf joe pickup in the neck in my Js1000! and wow!! it sounds in the same family of paf pro but with warmer and buttery sound but its a matter of taste because Paf pro sounds awesome too but life is about experience and that's what I did! so right I basically have a js1200 without the candy apple finish

the nuance in the too pickup is a little subtle but its definately there and I don't regret a thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 12:38 PM

Cool. Had a similar experience. Just put in an Air Norton in the neck and a Super Distortion in the bridge of my guitar. Couldn't be happier.

Air Norton is smooth and buttery, a lot more bass than I was expecting. Clean is mellow, rich and warm. Distorted gives a great thick heavy sound, like and LP. But this pickup doesn't split well, IMHO. I hear very little difference in single coil compared to full hum.

The SuperD has a lot less bass than I was expecting. Clean is twangy and chimey, split single coil sound nice and hollow. Distortion is full of bite and growl.

Turned out to be a great combination for me. Instead of adjusting my amp settings to go from dark-metal to bitey-rock all I have to do is flip a switch on my guitar.

Sorry, to hijack your thread, man.

I'm thinking I might try out one of the PAF's in the neck of my next guitar.

Tags
air norton , amp settings , paf joe , paf pro , super distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode