neck pickup suggestions - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

neck pickup suggestions

right with my student loan on its way i will be getting some pickups.
These will either go in my project guitar which consists of a squier strat body(agathis i think) with a maple/ebony neck, or in my RG470
If i put them in my RG the ibanez pickups (V7/V8 ) will go in the project guitar.

Anyway i was at the guitar shop today and i had a go on a JEM555 and a JEM7vwh and found that i love the evo bridge pickup, tight and cutting but not harsh. So i will get one of those for the bridge but what i need is a good neck pup.
im looking for something real nice and thick, but plenty of cut and clarity.
Something for a good high gain shred tone. Think petrucci

Im considering an air norton but i also heard that a full shred is a good neck pickup. Any other suggestions would be nice, but bear in mind im in the UK so i think most of the lesser known pickups from the US aren't available here

also any idea how an EVO would sound in the strat body?

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 04:57 PM

I would get a tonezone over an evo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyW
I would get a tonezone over an evo
i was thinking of a tone zone before, but i loved the sound of the evo on both the 7v and the 555, if i put the evo in my RG it would sound like the 555 (both being basswood).

Why do you prefer the tonezone?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 02:38 AM

Re: neck pickup suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARRGGHHH
...Im considering an air norton but i also heard that a full shred is a good neck pickup.
?

the Air Norton is among the best neck pickups ever, it's got lots of mids, that increase the tone thickness. also, it's more well balanced to the bridge Evo than the Tone Zone is (Evo = 404mV; TZ =375mV).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 04:26 PM

Re: neck pickup suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
the Air Norton is among the best neck pickups ever,
Agreed

I think it is THE best!!!

Tags
air norton , bridge pickup , ebony neck , evo bridge , evo bridge pickup , guitar shop , ibanez pickups , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck pup , squier strat , strat body , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode