Need advice - pickups for RG 350MYE
Picked up a 2nd hand RG 350MYE and need to replace the stock INF pickups. I've read the sticky and have tried to give proper responses:
1. What type of music do you like? Satriani, Petrucci, Vai, Dream Theatre, Iron Maiden, RHCP, Dire Straits, Muse, Van Halen, etc. I like a good heavy distortion sound, but also a nice clean sound (I don't like the clean sound that Vai has for some reason)
2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through? Line 6 Spider III amp
3. What are the specifics of your guitar? Ibanez RG 350 MYE - stock pickups currently, Edge III tremolo, maple bridge, 5 tone selector.
A. Is it a trem or hardtail? Trem
B. maple or rosewood board? Maple
C. how many frets? 24
D. what controls are on it? 5 way switch, 1 tone, 1 volume
E. What type of wood is you body made from? Maple (I think)
F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard? direct mounted I believe. You can find RG350MYE specs on the net.
1. Why are you changing your pickups? Because the guitar is 2nd hand and the pickups have had better days.
2. Are you looking for any particular brand, and if so...Why? DiMarzio - Petrucci uses them and I like his sound, plus its used by some of the greats (Vai, Petrucci,
I'll be getting a guitar technician to replace it for me...and will probably purchase it off eBay or something, but there's so many to choose from.
Any advice would be appreciated.