Need help wiring.. - Page 2 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Re: Need help wiring..

yeah you are using a 5 way multi switch, i noticed finaly they didnt have it

shoot tech support a email, OR call them tomorow

THEY are SUPER helpfull

just tell them what you are using and htey will send you a detailed exact responce

to simplify you installation, go out and buy a dimarzio 5 way switch...not a multiswitch and not a mega switch, just a regular 5 way

then tell them all that you are using including pots, and pups in detail, they will send you a email, like i said, i got to tech support and asked them it simplified everything for me and in ten munites i was wired up!!!

good luck buddy, or if anyone super knowledgeable on the forum can help you, maybe before that youll get a hold of dimarzio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP13 View Post
Vimfuego, i just installed my tz according to your diagram. but i havent put a string yet.. i plugged them into my amp without strings to check if it's buzzing on TZ.. it's not buzzing on bridge at all! i've check the pup selector(5way) 1, bridge not buzzing, 2 buzzing, 3 buzzing, 4 not buzzing, 5 buzzing.. i guess there's somethings wrong? is it?
Sorry, didn't see this post before!
When you say you checked without strings by listening to the buzzing, I'm a bit confused, I wouldn't expect positions 1, 2 or 4 to buzz as they are the humbucking selections.
Have you tried tapping the pole pieces with a screw driver, that's the easiest way to check if a pickup is at least connected you should get a loud click from the selected pickups, then you still need to put strings on to check the circuit properly.
As you say position 2 buzzes, then maybe the only problem is that you've selected the wrong coil of the TZ in position 2. If so, then:

bare wire + BLACK of the tone zone= Ground
RED + GREEN of tone zone= goes where the RED of the stock pickup goes
WHITE wire from tone zone = WHITE of the stock

This will select the other coil in position 2, but should leave position 1 the same.
Jim
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

I email dimarzio for wiring diagram and they were the same set up as vimfuegos first post. but the 2nd wiring that you told me works! a big thank you!!!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 12:57 PM

good to hear you got it worked out
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 12:57 PM

wiring always confuses me, so i just go by diagrams as detailed as they are it works for me
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

thank you again!

Tags
coil tap , dimarzio evo , duncan distortion , neck pickup , tone zone , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode