new bridge pickup for RG770 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

new bridge pickup for RG770

He guys, i'm looking for a nice new bridge pup in my RG770DX. The F2 is nice and warm, good for soloing, but to me it lacks clear highs and a bit of output. Usually i go for lawrence l500's (lots of crunch!), tried that, but in this guitar i miss a bit of bass and low mids.. So what pup could be somewhere in the middle ? Nice highs, good output, good string definition, but also a bit of extra lows.

Some suggestions please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 05:47 PM

Dimarzio Breed :-) or if your looking at a little more output try an Evo,Many say the Evo lacks Bass,But i have'nt been found wanting for MORE bass yet with evo's

Rob
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 06:43 PM

Of all the people I have talked to, it seems like the jury is clearly in favor of the Evo, one of the most sought after pups these days. I plan to get an Evo7 myself very soon.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:28 PM

For some reason, I've always felt that RG's work well with Duncan's Custom series. The Custom, The Custom Custom, and the Custom 5 might be right, based on what you described of your F2, which I'm very familiar with. The C.C. will be the darkest, IMO, and therefore might not have the treble kick you lack in the F2, but the others are worth a try.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 09:14 AM

Reviews: 1
The Tone Zone is a good choice too, it has a mid range 'onk to it that is great for soloing and rhythm.
I have it in my RG550 and love it. I have to say that I like the Evo's in my jem too, but I think an Evo with a stock pup would be mismatched with respect to their outputs where the TZ is almost perfect with my V* pup in my 550.

$0.02

Bamm
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 09:36 AM

Super Distortion.

it's got tons of bass more than the Evos, BUT a sea of trebles more than the Tone Zone. it's the most balanced pickup and the best sounding pickup i've ever tried. not the best on clean, though, unless you split the coil.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 10:54 AM

Re: new bridge pickup for RG770

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulnoize
He guys, i'm looking for a nice new bridge pup in my RG770DX. The F2 is nice and warm, good for soloing, but to me it lacks clear highs and a bit of output. Usually i go for lawrence l500's (lots of crunch!), tried that, but in this guitar i miss a bit of bass and low mids.. So what pup could be somewhere in the middle ? Nice highs, good output, good string definition, but also a bit of extra lows.

Some suggestions please...
i have a RG and it sounds best with a seymour duncan custom 5(TB-14) or JB(TB-4).
i tried the tonezone,evo,and the fred,screamin demon and the custom 5 is in the guitar right now!
if you want some warmth good crunch,and a singing lead tone the custom 5 or JB is a good choice(it is a lot like a PAF but is much hotter in output..
another is a the custom TB 5 model which has a ceramic magnet instead of the alnico 5 in the custom 5,this ceramic version has a a tight bass deep low mids,,good cuttin highs,and great clarity. most like the l500 of the ones i mentioned

here is all his buckers they are great high quality pups and used by many top guitar makers in thier stock instruments
http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...mbuckers.shtml

Tags
bridge pup , dimarzio breed , seymour duncan , seymour duncan custom , super distortion , tight bass , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode