New Pickups for Ibanez S570DXQM - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

New Pickups for Ibanez S570DXQM

Hey, I'm new to Jemsite and I've been looking at getting some new pickups for my Ibanez.

Most Important!!!!
1. What type of music do you like? Be specific about bands or particular guitarists.
Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Dimebag Darrell, All That Remains
2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through? Marshall MG50W solid state amplifier with Vox Tonelab LE Multieffects pedal.
3. What are the specifics of your guitar? Mahogany body, quilted maple top
A. Is it a trem or hardtail? ZR Double locking trem
B. maple or rosewood board? maple neck, rosewood fretboard
C. how many frets? 24
D. what controls are on it? 5 way pickup selector with split coil
E. What type of wood is you body made from? mahogany body, quilted maple top
F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard?
Direct

Other important factors
1. Why are you changing your pickups? They're fine pickups, nothing terrible about them but I would like to get a more versatile set, one that I can do pantera, eric johnson, and really punchy, clear, bluesy stuff.

2. Are you looking for any particular brand, and if so...Why? I have no brand preference although I have experience with dimarzio's (Tone Zone + Air Nortons on Basswood), and little experience with Duncan.

I didn't want to post my own thread on this but I was having trouble finding a thread that talked about H-S-H pickups for a mahogany bodied S series guitar with a maple top and a FR.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: New Pickups for Ibanez S570DXQM

My vote goes for a Crunchlab/Liquifire setup. I have these in a mahogany RG and can dial in just about any sound(within reason) with minimal EQ tweaking. Also rolling back on the volume knob adds to the versatility since they clean up fairly well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: New Pickups for Ibanez S570DXQM

Thanks, I was heavily considering those since I love petrucci's sound and I heard his pickups were like the air norton and tone zone (except less muddy in mahogany like the tone zone). Any ideas on what single coil would go best with those? My guitar is H-S-H.

Tags
ibanez , pickups , s series , s570dxqm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode