New Pickups for Ibanez S570DXQM
Hey, I'm new to Jemsite and I've been looking at getting some new pickups for my Ibanez.
1. What type of music do you like? Be specific about bands or particular guitarists.
Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Dimebag Darrell, All That Remains
2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through? Marshall MG50W solid state amplifier with Vox Tonelab LE Multieffects pedal.
3. What are the specifics of your guitar? Mahogany body, quilted maple top
A. Is it a trem or hardtail? ZR Double locking trem
B. maple or rosewood board? maple neck, rosewood fretboard
C. how many frets? 24
D. what controls are on it? 5 way pickup selector with split coil
E. What type of wood is you body made from? mahogany body, quilted maple top
F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard?
Other important factors
1. Why are you changing your pickups? They're fine pickups, nothing terrible about them but I would like to get a more versatile set, one that I can do pantera, eric johnson, and really punchy, clear, bluesy stuff.
2. Are you looking for any particular brand, and if so...Why? I have no brand preference although I have experience with dimarzio's (Tone Zone + Air Nortons on Basswood), and little experience with Duncan.
I didn't want to post my own thread on this but I was having trouble finding a thread that talked about H-S-H pickups for a mahogany bodied S series guitar with a maple top and a FR.
Thanks for your time.