Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  toneboy 
#1 ·
I had to custom order the pink humbuckers I wanted for this RG, and I picked them up today. However, the color looks very washed out and faded. I got home and compared them to the DiMarzio single coil cover and the match is not even close.

Do they all look this way, or did I just get a bum set?

#3 ·
The color in pink Dimarzios definitely fades over time. There's also a difference in the plastic used in the single coil covers vs. the humbuckers. Getting them to match can be difficult. The best way to get a perfect match is to get plastic pickup covers for your humbuckers then get them and your single coil cover painted and clear coated.

#9 ·
Dimarzio service is by far one of the best in the industry. I'll never forget what they did for me.

I got one of the very first UV777MCs that came out. I played it for a month or so and didn't like the stock Blaze bridge pickup. I called them (I forgot who I spoke with since it was so long ago) and told them that I wasn't too fond of the bridge pickup. It sound kind of thin to me. They told me they would be offering other 7 string pickups in the future but right now, they didn't have anything. A week later, I received a package from Dimarzio. Inside the box was a new 7 string pickup (in green of course to match the original) free of charge. I was floored and have been a loyal customer ever since.

I should mention that I worked for a big chain at the time and had spoken with them before about various pickup issues. I did a lot of special orders from them for customers. I took care of them and they took care of me when I neede them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.