New pups - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Smile New pups

Hi,just thought it was time for an update on my S570b,finally got round to swapping the neck and bridge pups,it now has Dimarzio Air zone in the neck,and Tone zone bridge,also while I was in there I rewired with quality 22 awg wire,CTS pots,Sprague orange drop,after a bit of fine tuning the Tone zone,which was to be expected,what an absolute killer sound,no muddiness,squeals like a banshee when needed,sustains forever,just need to change the middle pup for an Iscv2 and the selector for Dimarzio 5 way,what an improvement on an already nice guitar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: New pups

Very cool man!!! Welcome to Jemsite!!!

If your not totally set on on the Iscv, I might suggest a Tone Zone-S for the middle. It's a heck of a lot quieter than the Jem single, has more output that is EASILY controllable, and it's tonal characteristics make it a perfect fit for the mid position between the TZ/AN buckers. I have one in my RG770. I can honestly say that it's the ONLY guitar that I've ever been able to use the middle position on with any frequency.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Hi man,thanks for the recommendation,to be honest I never really thought about the TZs,but now you mentioned it I had a listen on the Dimarzio site and yeah,gotta agree with you on that
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechet View Post
Hi man,thanks for the recommendation,to be honest I never really thought about the TZs,but now you mentioned it I had a listen on the Dimarzio site and yeah,gotta agree with you on that
Yeah, it's recommended as a bridge position pup for a strat, but it really shines in the mid position. I though it would be too harsh in my 770, but I had it laying around doing nothing. I was in the mood to mess around with pups and got lucky. I'll NEVER change that pup out again!!!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

How did you wire it up ? cos the infs1 is a two wire but the TZS is four
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM

Have a look at this, but imagine a little more high-end because it would be in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZogOrsn-W0
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
How did you wire it up ? cos the infs1 is a two wire but the TZS is four
Solder the black and white together and tape them off.....no need to coil split the middle. Red is hot and green/bare are ground.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for that,your a legend,off to bed now,it's 2.25am here,thanks man,I'll let you know how it goes when I get one
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM

LMAO!!! Dude, get some sleep. Looking forward to hearing your decision in the future!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: New pups

Hi RGT,finally got round to changing the middle pup,I went for an Irongear Jailhouse rail,don't know if you've ever come across Irongear over there,but I have a few of there buckers in some of my other axes,man,they are good vfm,sounds amazing now,I decided to try it cos they're so cheap I wasn't worried if it didn't work out,but trust me,it's not going anywhere
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Hi RGT,finally got round to changing the middle pup,I went for an Irongear Jailhouse rail,don't know if you've ever come across Irongear over there,but I have a few of there buckers in some of my other axes,man,they are good vfm,sounds amazing now,I decided to try it cos they're so cheap I wasn't worried if it didn't work out,but trust me,it's not going anywhere
COOL!! I'm glad it worked out. If you ever decide to swap it again, let me know. I wouldn't mind trying your Irongear out.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

You ought to see if you can get them man,honestly they wipe most SD,s and Dimarzio pups,I get and fit them to nearly all my customers guitars,and the best bit is you can get a matched pair for less than one "name" pup,the only reason I haven't put them in my Ibby is I had the Tone Zone and Air Zone from a previous axe

Tags
s570b

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode