Pensa MK1 Diagram? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Pensa MK1 Diagram?

Hey guys,
I'm building a guitar from scratch and being a huge Mark Knopfler fan I want to wire it like his MK1.
As far as I know the MK1 has HSS pickups, 5 way switch, 1 Vol and 1 Push/Pull Tone with EMG SPC that give the option to choose Bridge + Neck option.
Now I already bought the EMG's pickups he uses (SA/SA/85 - not the easy connectors type so I will have to solder the entire thing) but I'm missing the wiring diagram...
Does anyone has or know how this thing is wired?
In any case, any diagram that gives me the MK1 options will do
Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:19 AM

Re: Pensa MK1 Diagram?

Connect pickups, 5-way switch and master volume like this:

http://www.emgpickups.com/media/prod...230-0156rc.pdf

connect SPC and output like this:

http://www.emgpickups.com/media/prod...230-0156rc.pdf
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, this doesnt help me much
Like I said, I have the EMG without the EZ connectors so I will have to solder everything.
I cannot tell much from this diagram and I dont think I will manage to figure out the correct way by myself. Also, I want only 2 knobs in total, 1 Vol and 1 Tone (the Tone suppose to be the SPC)
And last thing, you linked the same diagram twice... The one that supposed to have the SPC diagram is the same of the pickups
Look, I don't really understand much about this stuff. I don't even sure that the Tone can be the SPC
All I know is that I read online that the MK1 has SPC that gives the option to play the Bridge and the Neck together...
Thanks !
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:35 AM

Sorry for wrong link,

better luck here? :

http://www.sonic.net/~emgman/emgacc.html

Last edited by peromucho7; 02-05-2018 at 03:51 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, that makes more sense haha.
The EMG diagrem is for passive PU's mine are active. Does it mean all I have to add is the battery connector thing and thats it?
I have another Q for you. I know the SPC suppose to "boost the midrange and volume of a single coil pickup to give it a sound similar to a humbucker" which is fine, but I also want the option to play the Bridge and the Neck. Does it mean I also need a Push/Pull Volume in order to achive that or does the SPC handle it too?
Again, I'm sorry if my questions doesn't make sense, although I've managed to build 2 guitars and wire them from scratch, I really don't know much about it.
I can wire a guitar from a diagrem but I don't understand the wiring...I guess I'll learn as I go
Anyway, to make my life (and yours) easier, can you list the parts I need in order to build a guitar with active HSS, 2 knobs (which one of them is the SPC) and a 5 WS?
I mean a list like: 1 Push/Pull Vol knob or 1 SPC with blah blah...you get the gist.
After I'll have the part list its easier to find the correct diagrem
Thanks !
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 07:23 AM

SPC is mid-boost,or active EQ, so it can't switch pickups,
Which humbucker you have?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
SPC is mid-boost,or active EQ, so it can't switch pickups,
Which humbucker you have?
I have an old style EMG SA/SA/85 (not the new ones with the connectors).
From what I know, the Pensa MK1 has 1 Volume Knob and 1 Tone Knob with Push-Pull EMG SPC Function.
I also found this quote on their website: (it is really for their 3 single coils model but I want to do it on mine) "We also add a push-pull knob so you can use the bridge and neck pickups in series in the fifth selector position, with the push-pull engaged."
Maybe I can also have a Push-Pull Volume knob to achive this?
So basically I will have 1 Tone Knob with Push-Pull EMG SPC Function + 1 Volume Knob with Push-Pull for Bridge + Neck... Make sense ?
Thanks.

Tags
pensa diagram spc emg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode