Pickup Suggestions for RG570 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Pickup Suggestions for RG570

Hello Everyone,

I've never posted here before, but I've heard about this place for years. I'm glad to be here!

I just picked up another RG570 in Sour Apple Sparkle. I owned one of these guitars about 7 or 8 years ago. I remember going through a bunch of different pickup swaps with it, but I never found anything I liked.

Anyway, I've been looking at several options here lately. I've been looking at the Super Distortion for the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. I've also thought about betting the Duncan JB Trembucker and either a '59 or Jazz for the neck.

What would you guys suggest? I mainly play Hard Rock music. I remember this guitar having kind of a boomy low end with brighter highs. I say that because I mainly play Gibson Les Pauls with rosewood boards. The brighter highs don't bother me at all, but I don't want a huge, boomy low end.

Thanks!

Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Re: Pickup Suggestions for RG570

Oh yeah... My amps are as follows: Mesa T-verb Head, CAA OD100 Classic Plus, Peavey 6505 head and Racksystems Naked mod to a Marshall JMP 2203. I have a Mesa Recto Standard overized 4x12 w/ V30's and a Bogner Uberkab 4x12 with Weber 30 watt Pre-Rola clones in it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale661 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've never posted here before, but I've heard about this place for years. I'm glad to be here!

I just picked up another RG570 in Sour Apple Sparkle. I owned one of these guitars about 7 or 8 years ago. I remember going through a bunch of different pickup swaps with it, but I never found anything I liked.

Anyway, I've been looking at several options here lately. I've been looking at the Super Distortion for the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. I've also thought about betting the Duncan JB Trembucker and either a '59 or Jazz for the neck.

What would you guys suggest? I mainly play Hard Rock music. I remember this guitar having kind of a boomy low end with brighter highs. I say that because I mainly play Gibson Les Pauls with rosewood boards. The brighter highs don't bother me at all, but I don't want a huge, boomy low end.

Thanks!

Dale
i would go JB/.59
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

I have the same guitar and for me the 59 in the neck is VERY VERY boomy in this guitar. For hard rock the best pickups I've tried in this guitar is:

for the neck: DiMarzio PAF PRO, Seymour Duncan Jazz

for the bridge: DiMarzio Norton, Seymour Duncan JB
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 PM

I love the DiMarzio Breed in the bridge. In one of my RG's I have an Air Norton in the neck and find it to be very clean and sweet with almost P90 clarity. For middle, I think the original S1 is fine. I never use it solo, only in combo with bridge or neck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 PM

I really like the Tone Zone/FS-1/Air Norton combo in 570's.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses! I wound up buying a Suhr Aldrich set. I've received the bridge pickup and I installed it earlier this evening. It sounds pretty good in this guitar. It kind of evened out the frequencies and is definitely thicker sounding than the stock V8. I like it! I'm just waiting on the neck humbucker to come in now.

Again, I thank you all for your responses!

Tags
dimarzio breed , dimarzio norton , mesa recto , rosewood boards , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode