Hello! This is my first post here
In the next few months I will be building a Warmoth guitar and Im looking at pickups...
1. What type of music do you like?
Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. With this I wiant to be able to play just a wide spectrum of hard rock and heavy metal. Some of my favorite sounds/tones are: Black Sabbath, Deep Purple/Rainbow, Metallica(early), Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Children of Bodom, Iron Attack!! (youtu.be/pvzY-27Ww1Q ), Iron Maiden, Malmsteem, Rush's YYZ, Jason Becker, Jeff Beck...
I like 80s music and tones the most.
2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through?
Carvin V3M. TC Electronic Dream escape.
3. What are the specifics of your guitar?
- Soloist style body(no carved top)
- Alder Body (no other wood top)
- 22 Fret maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard.
- Wilkinson VS100 tremolo (not locking)
- HH configuration. (Maybe HSH, if I get enough money)
- Ring mounted pickups.
- Most like will be using this active preamp... guitarfuel.com/SBK-3AD_Preamp_EQ_Harness.php
I want pickups that give me a good rhythm sound, and also a lead one.
I almost never downtune, if that matters. I want being able to do fast palm muted power chords and single note rhythm, but that open chords also sound good. I need articulation for melody lines and solos. If I where to select only one tone from the ones I said earlier it would be Iron Attack!!, specially the lead tone. The clean just has to be decent...
I have been looking at a Dimarzio Dominion bridge and Gravity Storm neck.
People around the internet seem to talk good things a bout them. The dominion seems specially good for the kind of rhythm I like.
I also have been looking at Lace Sensor Duallys, Red/Silver for the bridge and Purple/Emerald for the neck. I have been looking into them mostly because they seem 'different', but I dont really know if I would get the sound I want from them.
I dont know much about SD, only combo I cant think of is JB for bridge and Jazz or 59 for neck.
I dont know anything about middle position pickups, and I would like it to be under $160 USD
Thank you very much...!