Piezo comparison: Ibanez vs EBMM - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Arrow Piezo comparison: Ibanez vs EBMM

I love the sound of the piezo system and I haven't used a single coil since i discovered it.

My main guitar is an Ibanez JC S CST which has a piezo system installed and I've always loved the sound of it. UNTIL..............

I bought an EBMM Axis with a piezo some months ago and when I heard it's sound I was completely blown away!!! The EBMM piezo system sounds 1000x better than the Ibanez. It has lots of presence and spark while the Ibanez is very dull and muddy.

I think these 2 vids really illustrate the difference I'm trying to point out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9bKJYp-LV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1D9jFxZTF4

Now, I see how tone is a personal thing and I can already see some of you guys saying that you prefer the sound of the 2027 but IMO piezo sounds are all about crystal clear acoustic sounds and the EBMM just kicks the Ibanez ass.

I sold the Axis later on because it wasnt for me anyway but I now feel spoiled and everytime I use the piezo on my S series I'm thinking about how much beter I could sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Re: Piezo comparison: Ibanez vs EBMM

On the technical site:

I made this thread because I also noticed that the EBMM piezo had a lot more output than the ibanez one which makes me think that the tone difference comes mainly from the preamp. Anyone here knows what preamps each guitar manufacturer uses for their systems? And specially:

ARE THEY SWAPPABLE?????

I really want that EBMM sound in my Ibanez........

Also if someone here happens to own piezo loaded EBMM and Ibanez I'd love to hear your views on their differences. Or even other guitars like Parkers, I heard their piezos are really bright!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
ME.

Re: Piezo comparison: Ibanez vs EBMM

I've got a RG2027 and to get the best sound out of it I always turn up the treble. (The ultra bright switch on my amp, in my case)

Have never compared it to any other piezo equiped guitar so I can't tell you which would be better.

Colin

Tags
ebmm axis , piezo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode