Pups for RG560PN - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Pups for RG560PN

I have no idea what the humbucker pup in my 560 is(it was changed before being sold) so I have spent some time thinking (and doing some research) and I already have something in mind but I need some extra help.

The resource thread has some questions, so I'll answer them first:

1. What type of music do you like? Be specific about bands or particular guitarists.

I listen to mostly symphonic power metal (namely Timo Tolkki era Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, hammerfall, etc) but I also listen to Motley crue, Iron Miaden, Judas Priest, Dragonforce etc.

For non-metal/all genre artists, I listen to Tony MacAlpine, Steve Vai, Kelly Simonz, Rie aka Suzaku.

2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through? A 10 watt "Rouge" amplifier is never going to sound better, no matter what pickups you put in your guitar......sorry

I usually play through a 15 watt Marshall MG15CF (the one without the reverb knob), Line 6 M13 and Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer for my effects.

3. What are the specifics of your guitar? I find myself having to browse the web all the time to find out the specs of peoples guitars...
A. Is it a trem or hardtail?

Lo pro trem

B. maple or rosewood board?

Rosewood

C. how many frets?

D. what controls are on it?

Volume, tone, 5 way switch

E. What type of wood is you body made from?

IIRC it's basswood

F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard?

The humbucker is ring mounted i think. No Pickguard.

Okay, I have decided that I want to go with an Andy Timmons setup (double cruiser single coils and AT-1 in the bridge). My question is what is the difference between the Cruiser neck pup and the Bridge pup? I know AT uses two bridge Cruisers for his single coils, but I cant really tell the difference between the two other than the bridge is a little beefier on the low end and very slightly more output. I've listened to samples but I cant get a real good feel as to how different they are so if someone can answer this for me, it will make my decision on which Cruiser to put in the neck position that much easier. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:37 AM

Re: Pups for RG560PN

Dimarzio Super2 is your bridge pickup.

Tags
at-1 , cruiser , dimarzio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode