quick wiring question - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

quick wiring question

Right so I finally got some new pickups, but they had none of the dimarzio multi-pole switches in stock, so I have to wait a bit longer for that to come.

What I want to do right now is to wire my new pickups into the existing switch.
The main thing is that i'm not sure which wires go where. The Ibanez pickups have only two wire (and ground) wired up, a white and a red. But my new Dimarzios(FRED and PAF Joe) have four wires (red, black, white and green). So how do I wire them upto the switch?

I presume I will have to solder two of the wires together and then solder the two other wires where the two stock pickup wires are connected.

I read the little leaflet that came with the pickups and it says I should soulder the black and white together and then connect the red to the switch and the green and bare(ground) to ground.

The guitar is a 2001 RG470
This is the wiring diagram for it: http://ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=2001&w=RG470

So what do I do? Connect the dimarzio red to the ibanez red and the green to where the white is, or the other way round?
Or maybe something entirely different.

I could do with some help with this as soon as possible as I have a gig later tonight and want to wire up these pickups for this gig.
Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Re: quick wiring question

Ahh never mind, I managed to stumble upon this diagram which seems to explane the wiring, I had the wrong end of the stick I think.
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/img/t_wd_777.gif
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:02 AM

Re: quick wiring question

.......and for some reason the wiring of the switch on my RG350 was opposite to what it was on the schematic, if that happens to you don't worry, you're not alone

Tags
ibanez pickups , paf joe , pole switch , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode