Recommend me an awesome single coil neck pickup! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Recommend me an awesome single coil neck pickup!

In need of a most excellent neck single coil for recording and live shows.

Looking for something fluidy with good output to pull off shred licks and hum-cancelling.

Currently have a Bare Knuckle trilogy suite in the guitar but its too noisy and not that hot.

The guitar is an Ibanez XTP700XH, so mahogany body and maple/walnut neck thru. Bareknuckle Aftermath in the bridge (subjected to change)

Not set on particular brand either. Thinking possibly an Injector Neck or Duncan YJM Neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Re: Recommend me an awesome single coil neck pickup!

Go for the dimarzio cruiser bridge in the neck, its a single coil but with more power like a humbucker. its also hum cancelling. if your not convinced look up anything by andy timmons, especially groove or die.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Recommend me an awesome single coil neck pickup!

If you want a single coil shred pickup, especially for the neck, i think the Duncan YJM would do the trick, as I'm listening to some Yngwie Malmsteen right now, it sounds pretty fluid and loud to me, and they're noise canceling. It's not a "classic" sounding single coil pickup, but it sounds like you're giving thing a proper shredding, so I'm guessing you're not going for a classic sound. In which case, that sounds like the one for you.

Toodles, Julz.

Tags
coil , neck , pickup , single

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode