S570DXQM pickups advice - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Question S570DXQM pickups advice

Hello all, been browsing your forum all morning... Seems like something I would like to be a part of. I have an Ibanez S570DXQM (mahogany body and is H-S-H) and was thinking of swapping out the INF1 with an Air Norton and the INF2 with a Tone Zone... But I don't know what to do with the INFS1. I don't want to go pay a pro to swap out the pickups and then realize they don't work well with the INFS1, so I figure if possible, I'll get that one swapped too...
Having a hard time understanding what would work well though, I have never customized a guitar before and really have no idea what I am doing. I do know enough though to know that my stock pickups sound kind of boring and flat.

I think I would like it to compliment the Tone Zone and Air Norton with the strat pickup, as opposed to the strat pickup just being used on its own.

Still not sure about the Tone Zone now with what I hear and the mahogany body thing...

I like playing metal / alternative sort of stuff - lead
I have a Line 6 Spider Jam Amp

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ronin-187; 08-21-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: S570DXQM pickups advice

Welcome to Jemsite! The TZ is a pretty dark pickup, and will sound pretty muddy in a mahogany body. I suggest looking through the Pickups and Wiring section to see what other folks have done. I've also got a sticky thread in there that will guide you through wiring. I've got a Super Distortion bridge and PAF Pro neck in my mahogany Destroyer and love the combo.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Hey cool, I didnt even see that section. Thanks man! I guess you guys get inundated with pickup requests pretty frequently eh? Sorry! I guess I put this in the wrong forum too, my bad
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin-187 View Post
Hey cool, I didnt even see that section. Thanks man! I guess you guys get inundated with pickup requests pretty frequently eh? Sorry! I guess I put this in the wrong forum too, my bad
Thread moved
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

OK I just finished buying a PAF Pro for neck, Chopper for middle strat, and a Super 3 for the bridge. Thanks for the advice AlaskaBat!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin-187 View Post
OK I just finished buying a PAF Pro for neck, Chopper for middle strat, and a Super 3 for the bridge. Thanks for the advice AlaskaBat!

Let us know how they sound!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM

I'm also looking for new pickups for my S guitar (although mine is a S470), would love to hear how your PAF Pro works in the neck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode