Ibanez JEM Forum banner

SD with VLX91 switch help needed!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  amonla 
#1 ·
Hi all, I need your guys help. I want to change the stock PU’s from my SV5470a (True Duo PU’s) and bought SD Jazz (neck), Custom Stack Plus (middle) and JB (bridge). I want to be able to coil split, also the stacked middle PU. The SV has a VLX91 5 way switch and I have a regular Alpha push pull volume pot. I can’t seem to figure out the switch... I want: volume up, all split and Down, all HB. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Hi all, I need your guys help. I want to change the stock PU's from my SV5470a (True Duo PU's) and bought SD Jazz (neck), Custom Stack Plus (middle) and JB (bridge). I want to be able to coil split, also the stacked middle PU. The SV has a VLX91 5 way switch and I have a regular Alpha push pull volume pot. I can't seem to figure out the switch... I want: volume up, all split and Down, all HB. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance

the SD will uses black as hot by default.

as for the coil tap, a regular dpdt push/pull pot only has 6 terminals or rather 2 pairs of 3 lugs. You won't be able to split all 3 pickups at the same time. You will only be able to split 2 pickups at a time.

With the switch wiring the way it is you are already splitting the humbuckers via the switch. It would make more sense to wire the middle pickup to the push pull pot and split it while keeping the same switch wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.