Ibanez JEM Forum banner

seeking purple single coil covers for dimarzio / ibz usa

957 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JsXLine6 
#1 ·
oddly, dimarzio does not sell or make purple single coil covers at all. this leads one to ebay, reverb or amazon and its flooded with rando purps. does anyone know a supplier or site that has correct purple color SC covers for non blade SC's that will fit and match to a purp dmz color? thanks

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Nice.
Yeah something custom is your best bet.

If you are anything like me, having mismatches on your guitar irks you.

My 3 green evos on my red 550 are all just slightly different greens.
And even worse my knobs are more of a neon slime!

It's an inconvenient inconsistentcy but I already bought them and went through the troubles lol.

At least with this option the guy will try and custom blend a purple for you, and you can get knobs, switch end and both sc pups in the same color.

#5 ·
Yah... It's truly a pain in the ass all around, really. The metric vs imperial and the stuff that is off color, won't fit, too big, too small, etc. Pots, knobs, pup rings, shaft sizes, covers, etc etc... been doing this for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and it's taken a bit to learn what works and what does not. The only covers that work on Dimarzio are Dimarzio covers and sadly, no purp available. I'm going to take a few white dimarzio covers and buy a rattle can of purp from home depot and just paint em myself to try and get 'em close.

It is very unusual though that I've run into several bad Dimarzio pickups lately. I love them very much and am huge on x2n, tz, dact, etc and would never talk sh*t about them, but the last 2 used guitars I've bought, an HSS and an HSH, all 3 humbuckers were bad and would not ohm out. I've only had one bad Duncan and it was an active blackout.

#6 ·
I've been hearing a bit of that lately.

Scares me a bit cause I have like 6 DiMarzio in a drawer that I haven't used, all new.

I had wanted to change the pickups in my 87 rg550 but ended up liking the sounds of the v1 and v2s in it. Thought they would be like the v7 and V8 in my 2009 prestige. I changed them out to evos. My 2018 550 has evos in it too.

So I bought a new set of evos thinking I'd drop it in my vintage 550s and never used them.

I've had allllot of guitar upgrades to Duncan's or emgs and have not had issues, but I'm scared of DiMarzio now lol

#7 · (Edited)
So what exactly is different about the dimensions of the DiMarzio single coils over other brands? I had a similar problem trying to find covers for my fender hot noiseless single coils. But that was just because I didn't realize there were differences in pole spacing for these over regular single coils. My 540r was the first guitar I ever had single coils in. Are they thicker or... Taller or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.