Series/ parallel switch AND coil split switch on jem. Jr - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Series/ parallel switch AND coil split switch on jem. Jr

New member so sorry if this has been discussed but I can't find it.
So I've ordered a new pick guard, and some pick guard material to make truss rod cover back plate etc, and I figured while ive got it in bits I might as well get the soldering iron out. I used to have a marlin loner many moons ago and loved the sound of the humbuckers in parallel, so I'm going to sort that out neck and bridge, but I also want to split the coils while they're in parallel and maintain the 5 way switching. Thing is I don't know if this is possible, and if it is, how to a tually wire it. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, and has a wiring diagram to help me out.
Ordered dpdt 6 pin 2 pos mini switches and I'm going to have to leave the quantums in for the time being due to being skint, and tbh the sound isn't too bad through my orange amp. May bin them for utopias when my fiscal issues are resolved.
Thanks for any help you guys have got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

forgot to mention i need to stick a reverse polarity switch in for the single coil

Last edited by BigAl2603; 02-15-2021 at 04:33 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2021, 03:27 AM

Re: Series/ parallel switch AND coil split switch on jem. Jr

Yes, that is perfectly possible with 4 conductor pickups (i have no experience with quantums, are they 4 conductor?) and I have a similar set up on a couple of guitars though I tend to use 3 position switches for series, parallel and single coil options. Why the requirement to reverse the single? Looking for out of phase sounds too?
Algiman is online  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2021, 07:30 PM

Re: Series/ parallel switch AND coil split switch on jem. Jr

Re the Quantum humbuckers, years ago, I had an RG-620-SOL(mahogany body with a satin oil finish) with those pickups. The middle position(3-way switch unique to that model and the JP that cam a bit later) would take the inner coil of each humbucker. Its probably the best bluesy quack-tone I ever heard! Sure do miss that one....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode