SH-8 Invader - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

SH-8 Invader

Anyone recomend a good pick up to go in the neck position if i have an Invader in the bridge?
Its a mohagany IBZ RG with a fixed bridge (soon to be Khalered).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 01:05 AM

Re: SH-8 Invader

if u use a kahler fixed wich i do, its all about a duncan distortion in the neck
if you use a kahler trem your going to want to go with a dimarzio maybe breed since its a bit brighter with trem based guitars, but sound hollow with fixed bridge

not a engineer, just what i experienced
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 AM

How is the Invader in mahogany?

I have one in a basswood RG1570 and I love it, but it's a very fat pickup, and I have passed up on using it in mahogany because I thought it would be way too muddy. According to the SD website it's eq is 7-bass, 8-mids, 4-treble.

As for a neck pickup to match it, on the USA Jackson Warriors they use a SD Full Shred neck with the Invader bridge. By all accounts they balance well as a combo, and provide two distinctly different tones.

Hope this helps.

Rock on!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:36 AM

Reviews: 7

I have an Invader in mahogany and it's not muddy at all. Actually when I had it in a basswood RG it sounded thin compared to the mahogany guitar it's in now. I've been getting compliments lately from the change
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

HeavyMetal4Ever: How is the Invader in mahogany?

Huge.
Thatís why i bought it.
I played it through my Marshall JCM800 and it just sounded massive. course i have to sell it now which is lame (the Marshall not the guitar) but it worked well with my 10s - 52's down to D standard.

I have heard that the Distortion is good in the neck, Iím using a trem. I wanted a high out put neck sound, that doesnít get to swamp like when i do sweeps and melodic bits. I've never heard a full shred, i always had misgivings... mainly because of the name. i donít know why... it just sounded really 80's and i kept having images of CC Deville from poison ... well er... shredding.

I dunno why, the Invader is an equilly questionable name... i blame its legitimacy on Karl Sanders.

Tags
duncan distortion , fixed bridge , kahler trem , neck pickup , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode