What type of music do you like?
Circus Maximus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARmR9umcw5k
The safety fire, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLC0yysmEj8
Uses: Bareknuckle Pickups - Rebel Yell & VHII
scar symmetry, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5K0VaWL0P8
Uses: Bridge - Paf Pro
Duncan Full shred
Zack ordway from Sky meets airplane, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qgLNXqPerE
blackouts / EMG's
tosin abassi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWC9mU9boRU
2. What type of equipment are you going to be playing through?
Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII, ISP decimator.
3. What are the specifics of your guitar?
Ibanez S5EX1- Ibanez saber with mahagony body and zebrawood vaneeer
A. Is it a trem or hardtail?
B. maple, ebony or rosewood fretboard?
C. how many frets?
D. what controls are on it?
Tone + Volume + 5 way selector H-S-H
E. What type of wood is you body made from?
F. Are your pickups direct mounted, ring mounted or in a pickguard?
I was leaning towards the followin combinations of Pick Ups
1. Evo 2 (bridge) - undecided- Paf Pro (neck)
2. Air Norton, True Velvet and Tone Zone
You might try an F-spaced LiquiFire (DP227F) in the neck and an F-spaced Dominion bridge model (DP245F) in the bridge. A reverse-polarity Red Velvet (DP174S) might be good in the middle. See attached diagram.
1. Is the dominion actually good? But I hate lamb of God's tone and music
2. What's a good pickup for the middle position if i went with an evo 2/paf pro pair? I was previously recommended to use
Area 61 or Area 67
but they seem way too trebly. I want glassy cleans not ice pick shrillness.
I really want to try out the Evo2/Paf pro combo
I also want to avoid deactivators and the CL/LF combo which I already have in another guitar.
Bareknuckle pickups are out of the question as I can't afford to drop that much on pups and its easier to find standard dimarzio's on ebay or the jemsite used section