Swapping V7 for Duncan JB wiring help - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Swapping V7 for Duncan JB wiring help

Hi not been on here for a while but I'm upgrading my trusty Ibanez RG1570 with a Jb trembucker. Wiring is slightly different and whilst I appreciate there are loads of topics I can't find the answer to what I need.

My question is do I follow the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram or do I use the wiring diagram for the guitar?

Duncan instructions are to solder red and white together but the V7 red and white wires were soldered on either end of the 5 way switch.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Swapping V7 for Duncan JB wiring help

Do you mean the V8? The V8 is the bridge pickup. With wiring the JB into your guitar first solder the red and white wires together. From memory the later model V series used red as hot, solder the JB's black to that spot (Should be the wire from the V8 on the last spot on the switch), depending on the vintage of the V8 though it could be white. And then wire the red/white wires on the JB to the other spot on the switch (the V8's white wire, or red depending again on the vintage). The bare and green wires of the JB go to the back of the pot to ground the pickup. Basically if the JB doesn't sound big and full you may need to switch the black and red/white wires over, no big deal.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Swapping V8 for Duncan JB wiring help

Yeah sorry meant the v8. Wired it up like described and it does sound a little thin and not as hot As the v8 so guessing wires are round wrong way also there is a constant hum from the pickup. Will try and swap wires round.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Tags
duncan , ibanez , rg1570 , trembucker , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode