TZ & JB question - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

TZ & JB question

I am considering putting a "JB" in the bridge position and a Tone Zone in the neck. Will they balance out?

I want to put them in a Godin LGT, which has a maple body and mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard.

fire away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 10:37 PM

I don't think so.

The TZ has more balls from what my ears can tell. Try the Air Zone Or Air Norton
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 10:38 PM

I don't think so.

The TZ has more balls from what my ears can tell. Try the Air Zone Or Air Norton
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 10:38 PM

I don't think so.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 05:57 AM

triple post? is that a new record?

-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 06:33 AM

It must be some sort of record

Rob
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 11:04 AM

actuually the JB in the neck and a TZ in the bridge works great! but the other way round? i dont recomend it.
the air zone would work in the neck wit a JB in the bridge
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 01:17 PM

TZ would be awful bassy in the neck. JB in the neck is a bit strong, but you could lower that to good effect. But unless you already own both, I like the JB/Air Zone idea. Or TZ/air zone. Or JB/'59. Or a PAF pro in the neck.

Yeah, I can make a decision... ;-)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Well, I own both and have an Air Norton lying around. Had the TZ in the bridge position of an EPI LP but wasn't too keen on it, but I figure it would sound nice in the neck. I like a bassy neck pick up anyway. I think I might go the JB and Air Norton route. I've done that before ans was happy with the results.
I was curious about this combination, so if anyone has tried it or has any other ideas. I would get a '59 or Jazz, but money is tight [tuition soon, lol].
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:22 PM

I don't imagine this helps, but I just pulled a JB out of an old N2 because I didn't like it at all. That's a matter of taste, of course, but I replaced both pickups with a set of Bill Lawrences. The midrange is a bit harsh at times, but it's taken my tone to a higher level.

Come to think of it, that was pretty useless. Carry on.

Tags
air norton , bridge position , paf pro , rosewood fretboard , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode