Vendor for custom color DiMarzios? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Vendor for custom color DiMarzios?

Anybody now of a good current vendor for custom color DiMarzios? Got my last batch from Universaljems.com (I think), but now that website doesn't seem to list DiMarzios anymore - unless I'm missing it somewhere. And by custom color, I don't mean some crazy new color, I just mean like if I want to special order a humbucker with different colored bobbins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:10 PM

Re: Vendor for custom color DiMarzios?

Have you asked at your local guitar shop? My local shop has done several custom DiMarzio orders for me, and always at excellent competitive prices. Worth asking...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

The local shops here in Hawaii have decent prices on some things - DiMarzio's aren't usually one of them.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Oh bummer... Well I know my local shop does a fair amount of internet business, etc. Might be worth giving them a call and asking what they'd charge to ship your pups out to Hi? The shop is Lightning Joe's Guitar Heaven in Arroyo Grande, Ca. Phone number is (805) 481-2226.

They are an authorized DiMarzio dealer as well as Seymour Duncan, Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, and a lot more. Honestly way better than any GC and they're a legit old-school family owned biz. The owner, Joe is also an amazing guitar tech (I use him extensively - he's the only guy I'll let touch my Jems) and is a totally cool, down to earth experienced guy who can answer questions and offer advice/guidance if you need any.

Like I said I can't speak to shipping costs but it might be worth calling them. Their very cool, fair folks. They are open Tue-Sat 11am-5pm PST.

By the way, he is a Jem player himself and knows exactly how to dial them in to perfection! Very cool guy to work with!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Reviews: 25

Banjo mikez on ebay has almost every color combinatiojn already in stock... Iv bought from him many times via some American friends, and its always good stock.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Banjo mikez on ebay has almost every color combinatiojn already in stock... Iv bought from him many times via some American friends, and its always good stock.
+1 on that! Mike always has color combos other places don't carry--like the blue/red bobbin combo.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM

Yeah I should clarify that Lightning Joe's does not stock unusual color combos, but they will happily order any color combo in any pup model you want, and generally they receive the custom pups from DiMarzio within a week or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode