Nice show in Orlando Dave - Jemsite
x Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION) This forum area is now closed. Go to Dave's new dedicated forum on daveweiner.com.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Nice show in Orlando Dave

Hey I found out you guys were playing in Orlando after I got out of Cirque Du Soliel right next door. I walked over to the ticket desk and went in for like the second half of the show. It was seriously AMAZING and I got myself a T for the Boston show! When you guys were playing "My Guitar..." and Steve looked at you to take a solo, you quoted off of your album and Vai looked at Billy with the funniest look! You seriously utilize the Ernie Ball pedal a lot. You're playing is really cool man, really nice work man!!! I was wondering a couple things: A)are there liner notes on the Favored Nations distribution, and B) if you have a chance, could you post some pics of your live set-up for this tour? Really killer job dude!

P.S. off topic but if anyone has a chance to see Cirque Du Soleil...take it, both auraly and visualy it was absolutely stunning.

Last edited by invisibo86; 03-19-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 02:05 AM

Re: Nice show in Orlando Dave

Wow you're the first person to realize the opening riff of my solo for "guitar wants to kill" is from my cd in the song "Monument Shine". awesome! Glad you had a great time as did I.

To answer your questions: yes the FN version of my cd does have liner notes and sure, I'll put up some pics of my live gear. I'm putting up an update to the site either monday or tuesday and will try to include the pics by then.

Thanks!

Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Re: Nice show in Orlando Dave

I went to a music school where everytime we got onstage it was a huge game of "name that quote." So whoever stuck the most vague, crazed quote over a progression, won. My personal favorite was when someone did the Sesame Street theme in a minor key, pretty cool.

Tags
ernie ball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode