Who the hell are you!? - Page 2 - Jemsite
x Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION) This forum area is now closed. Go to Dave's new dedicated forum on daveweiner.com.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:16 PM

Re: Who the hell are you!?

Name: Nic Robichaud
Live: NH
Profession: ...good question...mostly musician, but also painter, and recently a gofor at a concert venue
Musical Talent: enough to get by
Gear: Fender Strat, Fernandes Strat rip-off, Les Paul Black Beauty through Carvin Legacy with boxes on the floor for some fun.
Highlights of my career: Meeting Mike Corea, sick drummer who started me on the path of music.
Favorites: Chili Peppers, Vai, Tom Waits, Les Than Jake, Dave Weiner, Mr BIG, Dweezil, so many more it's beyond count.
Influences: Pat Metheny, Dave Tonkin, The Edge, Mark Knopfler, John Frusciante
Hobbies: acting, being a mall-rat, the usual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:52 PM

Name : Jukka-Pekka (... feel free to call me J-P)

Why the nick : J-P spelled in english is Jaypee

Job / education : I'm an electrician (not sure about the spelling) but not into that so much.. So now I'm studying at a senior high for adults to apply to universities in the near future.. working temporarely as a night receptionist in a hotel..

Musical talents : Average (meaning I get by but could be better)

Gear : A Fender RocPro 1000 amp, Ibanez UV777BK, an old six-string Charvel (been with me since the day I got into guitars and I just can't bear to separate myself from it...), a Yamaha acoustic and an Ibanez DE7 -delay (..which I'm about to trade for a Boss DD20)

Influences : In Flames, Wes Borland, (hed)pe (they really have some wicked guitar stuff underneath that rap), Unearth, Mokoma, Children Of Bodom (the last two are Finnish..)... All in all I think In Flames would be my band's greatest influence if I'll manage to find some like minded musicans here.

Other stuff : I'm into tattoos, partying and loving my beautiful honey - the Universe... (oh and my girlfriend too.. )

Last edited by Jaypee; 03-21-2005 at 12:25 AM.
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavejWeiner
Musical talent: a tiny bit.
Dave, if your talent was some kind of energy or power source it could light Vegas up for years.
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Name: Billy Stewart
Live: VA
Profession: Floorcovering & Music
Musical Talent: Not enough to even be Dave's water boy!
Gear: Go Here: www.billystewart.com
Highlights Of My Career: Floorcovering - Finally getting off my knees, Music - Remastering and releasing my fathers first solo album on CD after his death in 2003
Influences: Dave Weiner, Steve Vai, Tony, Billy, Frank Marino, Andy Timmons, Redd Stewart, Jeff Lumos, Steve Morse, & Robert Fripp.
Hobbies: Webdesign & Graphics, Music, Camping
Family: Married 31 years. Have two daughters - by the way dave my youngest is 27, about your height, is a rocker like her dad, and wants to learn to play guitar. But she is engaged so you better hurry. Two Grandsons 7 & 13.
Musical History: Visit the site it says it all.

Next!
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 10:37 PM

Name: Wayne Lepper
Live: Tokyo, Japan (originally from Brighton in the UK)
Education/job: BaHons English Literature and now i teach. Oh joy!
Musical talent: Questionable
Gear: Not much coz i live in a shoebox in Tokyo (though reasonbably palacial by Tokyo standards) Jem 7VWH, JS1000, a couple of knackered old accoustics that i llove dearly and a strat. A few Boss pedals and a pitifully small marshall amp.
Influences/faves: Vai, Vaughan, Joe Pass, Satch, Hendrix, Robert Fripp, Dave Gilmour, Jimmy page, Pantera, metallica, Dire straits... could go on forever.
Hobbies: Guitar, Football (Tottenham) , My gorgeous wife, Mountain bikes, Motorbikes (would love a gsxr1000) and my wee dog, Hana chan.
Nick: Speaks for itself, Metallica are the reaon i picked up a guitar (puppets is one of the greatest albums ever) and i just happen to have a ridiculous surname that matches one of their songs.
Career highlights: What career? But actually i did get in the local rag when i was 15 for my 'skillful rendition of satrianis "midnight"' Was the 'Evening Argus' referring to our school guitar concert.
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 PM

Name: Scott

Living In: Chicago

Profession: Low Voltage Electrician and Guitar Teacher

Instrument/Equipment: Lots of Gibson stuff SG, 4 Les Pauls (Custom, Deluxe, Standard, and Classic), V-90, Explorer, Firebird. Jackson Rhoads, Ibanez S540 LTD (affectionately named La Flaca), my stratobastard, and a few acoustics.
Marshall Plexi Fullstack and Peavey Delta BLues for amps

I have previously owned a couple of Ibanezes Jem 7PBK ( I miss her), old Destroyer (miss her more), PGM30, UV777BK, RG7620, RG3120DR and my first real electric was an Ibanez EX360 that the local musicstore happily raped me on.

Highlight of musical life: Still looking for it

Influences / Idols: Eric Johnson, Yngwie, Steve Vai (the reason I started), Zakk, Petrucci, Duane Allman, Al Dimeola, Paul Gilbert, King/Hanneman, etc.
post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:45 AM

Name: Josh Wu

living in: lafayette, IN

profession: electrical engineer B.S. in 2006 @ purdue university

gear: www.joshwu.tk (JEM7VWH, RG550, Keeley DS-1 Ultra, BOSS GT-5, Peavey Bandit112, George L / DiMazrio cables)

Music Talent: not much

Influence: Vai, EJ, Yngwie, PG, Clapton for guitar and various orchestra composers, game OSTs...etc.

hobbies: computer, games, sports, composing and a bit of orchestration
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:07 AM

I'm Craig, 31, Columbus, Ohio, USA

part time I harvest tissue (skin, bone, tendons, veins, heart valves for transplant)

guitar: RG321MH with Duncans (Screamin' Demon in bridge, Pearly Gates in neck)

I'm a loser, no amp yet. I guess I'm picky, can't decide what I like yet.

I sold all of my gear after college, thinking I was done with guitars, but I guess it's still running in my veins

influences: George Lynch
Nuno Bettencourt
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

I studied jazz and classical guitar for a while in college, my first major. Then I taught lessons for a couple of years.
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy
by the way dave my youngest is 27, about your height, is a rocker like her dad, and wants to learn to play guitar. But she is engaged so you better hurry.
hahaha if she's engaged, then it's already too late!
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 AM

It's never to late! But he gave me a brand new Les Paul. What you got for daddy! A VHT would be nice.
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:36 AM

Name: Mark
Live: Edmond, OK
Profession: Staff, Univ. Central OK
Musical talent: Some say yes, some say not so much, I say shut up and play yer guitar.
Gear: Fender Strat, 2 homebuilt strats, Tele Custom FMT, Hamer SATF, Ibanez AEF30, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, various & sundry pedals
Influences: EC, SRV, BG, BBK, EVH, VAI, DJW
Hobbies: Enjoying life, guitar building for fun and public humiliation.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 AM

haha... sorry for the bat thingie guys! anyway, here it goes:

name: gordon ling
Live: kuala lumpur malaysia, specifically ,sunway.
Profession: design student, part time freelancer, part time guitarist
Musical talent: so-so...
Gear: ibanez jem7v, ibanez rg2570ex,
Influences: paul jackson jr, stevie vai (that's a pretty wierd combination right?!)
Hobbies: learning guitar stuff, design and yeah sleep (really need this one!)

next,
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 PM

hi i like cats and hav an obsession of washing my hands
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksound
Influences: BG
Brett Garsed?, Billy Gibbons?

(I got all the other ones )
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
Brett Garsed?, Billy Gibbons?

(I got all the other ones )
Billy F. Gibbons, of course.

Tags
acoustic guitar , alex lifeson , andy summers , andy timmons , audio delta , beautiful guitar , billy sheehan , boss pedal , boss pedals , brett garsed , brian moore , bridge pickup , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , dave gilmour , dave lee roth , dave weiner , david gilmour , digitech whammy , dimarzio bridge , dimarzio bridge pickup , distortion pedal , double neck , duncan pickups , eddie van halen , electric guitar , epiphone les paul , eric clapton , eric johnson , esp mii , eugenes trick bag , fat strat , fender deluxe , fender fat strat , fender hot rod , fender hot rod deluxe , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender strats , fender telecaster , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , floyd trem , frank zappa , gary hoey , gary moore , george benson , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul studio , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , guitar tech , heavy metal , horsie wah , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez rgt , ibanez usa custom , iron maiden , jeff beck , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , joe perry , joe satriani , john petrucci , john scofield , jordan rudess , les paul , les paul classic , les paul studio , les pauls , limp bizkit , local music store , maple neck , mark knopfler , marshall amp , marshall dsl , marshall valvestate , michael romeo , mike keneally , music store , nuno bettencourt , pat metheny , paul gilbert , peavey bandit , phil collen , piezo pickup , pink floyd , playing guitar , practice amp , ray vaughan , richie kotzen , richie sambora , robert fripp , robert johnson , rocktron intellifex , roland cube , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , steve howe , steve lukather , steve morse , steve stevens , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , stevie ray vaughn , stevie vai , tom morello , tremolo bar , tube preamp , usa custom exotic wood , van halen , vinnie moore , volume pedal , vox wah , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in