2005 Winter NAMM Report - Page 3 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 AM

Re: 2005 NAMM Report

Rich,

Thanks again for information and the pics. Like someone already mentioned, this feels just like Christmas morning!

Am I the only one drooling over the RGA321? I'm now off to try to sell one of my kidneys ...

Juan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:44 AM

Love that RGT320QRBB......really nice guitar.

As always nice report from Rich.
post #33 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:50 AM

As everyone said, lovely stuff, sucks about the pricing tho...

I love those natural finished neckthrus and i really like the variety... poor on the sig axe side, but great on the standards...
post #34 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks for posting this, Rich! One question- What trem is on the JS2PRM? That sure doesn't look like an Edge Pro, or a Lo Pro, in the closeup of the body. Actually, it looks like an original Edge!? You can see the locking bolts behind the fine tuners, and going into the saddles. ???
post #35 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:01 AM

Thanks Bro, For all the hardwork you've put in again this year ... I'm off to list my soul on eVilBay so i can get the new 3120 Grrrrrr

Rob
post #36 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 AM

Hey Rich, I think youl linked the 2004 page instead of of the 2005 page for the rg series.

So does the Edge III bridge have locking studs like like the old edge?

EDIT: I meant studs not nut

Last edited by Jebus; 01-21-2005 at 09:43 AM.
post #37 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:40 AM

After reading the NAMM 2005 report from Rich, it got me thinking. Since it seems like the Fujigen factory is closing its doors (for building guitars at least) and thereby forcing Ibanez to go somewhere else. As I recall the Ibanez Edge Pro and Lo-Pro Edge and the original Edge trems are made by Gotoh and aren't they also produced at the Fujigen factory. So here is my question : Who will then do the production of the trems, i.e. what factory. I would hate to see that their trems suddely all are made in Korea .

Regards

André

post #38 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:41 AM

What is going on with their pickups? IBZ/Dimarzio pickups on HIGH-end (meaning HIGH price) RGs?
post #39 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the report Rich, most of those axes look nice, prices are WAY too high. Oh well, time to e-mail Jeremy and get what I really want. I would rather have one built the way I want, than spend my money on Hoshino Corp. anymore.
post #40 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks as always Rich. excellent job.

Best line up for years (at last Ibanez have realised that there are a lot more colours on the pallet)

Love the new JS, hate the price, but still should be getting one (as much as anyone else whose placed an order).

Still like the new jem. Love the new through necks and arch top RG's

Nice to see they have shown some prototypes this year. gives us a (all be it very small) insight into the current thinking.

Was the book there Rich?

any news on the catalogues?

all the best and many thanks,
Jerry
post #41 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:31 AM
RCB

Very nice prestiges.... the RGT320QRBB is a great looking guitar (a little expensive though, as the rest of the line). The return of the RG3120 is good news, although the new pricing is a let down (IMHO the RG3120 with its former pricing was the smart choice of the Ibanez line).

The poplar burl S looks very good too (i d take that top over the bubinga top).

The JS2 looks pretty good, and if only 60 are going to be made (wich I doubt) then they are going to sell them all in very little time without any trouble. Its pretty expensive, but there are going to be very few. I thought 5300 was an absurd price for a conmemorative mass produced (more than 500) guitar, but 60 guitars are sure to sell in no time.

Both RGT2020 look very well also, and the flamed maple RGA is probably here to stay (very, very nice). Then there is the swirled RG..... no to crazy about the black and white combo, but they may produce them with different coulours.

I think this line up is the best they put toghether in quite a few years. People wanted a "chromed" JS and they delivered (but only for a few with cash to spare), people wanted the bad horsie and they delivered (but you ll pay dearly for a guitar that offers just a cool finish on the body, with very plain inlays and no matching headstock), people wanted swirls... they seem to consider the posibility (they are probably going to be above the 2000USD mark).

People wanted a fixed bridge RG prestige... they deliver, people wanted neckthourghs, you have 3 cool looking RGTs. You wanted the RG3120 back, there it is... only much more expensive and without Di Marzios.

Its a line up that fulfills a bunch of the wishlist guitars..... but they want you to PAY BIG CASH for them.

If the new aproach is "you want it... we ll do it, but iy ll cost you", its better than the aproach they took for a few years, when they hardly make any exciting guitars at all. At least, now I have the chance to wait for closeouts, or interesting used guitars in the future.

Im probably not going to buy any of these guitars new as you can guess =). But this may be the best line up in the last 10 years (conmemorative models excluded). Ibanez is no longer the affordable quality guitar though.

Last edited by RCB; 01-21-2005 at 11:42 AM.
post #42 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

JS2 - Definately the original Edge just like the 10ths.

EP7 - that was the schtick from last year, remember we never got the PGM acoustic in the US.

Gotoh does no manufacturing in Fujigen and probably isn't associated with them in any way other than having Ibanez in common.

RG link was pointing to the old directory, sorry about that. Fixed now [but all you had to do was change the directory from 2004 to 2005]

Only done through the S page, I won't get a chance tonight but should be able to finish over the weekend [as far as I ever frinish anyway, if you want specs on Chinese guitars call a dealer ]
post #43 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Book was on sale of course, $40. Catalogs you have to be a dealer to get, but man are they big, and wide. Guaranteed it won't fit on my bookshelf! ;//
post #44 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
JS2 - Definately the original Edge just like the 10ths.
Thanks!
post #45 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:25 PM

The new Rg's look simply awesome!

Too bad about the prices though...

Tags
charvel evh , chrome boy , custom shop , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , edge iii bridge , edge pro iii , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , fender strat , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , giger series , ibanez edge pro , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez pickups , inf pickups , joe satriani , locking stud , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , mexican strat , monkey grip , paf pro , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , production model , ron thal , rosewood board , schaller floyd rose , shark tooth inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , string lock , super distortion , tone zone , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode