2005 Winter NAMM Report - Page 5 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Banned

Re: 2005 NAMM Report

nice... but still not enough fixed bridge guitars...
Ibanez should offer the trem/fixed option on every guitar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 AM

Question Re: 2005 NAMM Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
PSNDs are traditionally used for Ibanez's entry-level guitars, so I think the INF is a step up. I don't know how it compares to the V8 but it's an obvious attempt to lift the RG3XX series up at least a notch or two, and the same with the S470.
That's interesting if the INF is an upgrade, because the new S470DXQMCN is being sold for $40 LESS than last year's model with what you say are lower level pickups. Still wondering if I should place my order for the 2005...
post #63 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:29 AM

Rich - we're all grateful for your hard - and FAST - work at bringing the information and images to the rest of us.
It brings us much closer to actually /being/ there...
post #64 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBaoBao
nice... but still not enough fixed bridge guitars...
Ibanez should offer the trem/fixed option on every guitar
If you get a Tremol-no, they do.
post #65 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
If you get a Tremol-no, they do.
Speaking of which, did anyone get any shots of the Tremol-no at its various booths, or the Leviathan setup in the Graphtech booth?
post #66 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:08 PM

One thing that strucks me as weird (maybe its just personal preference) is: why are they using those damn pickup mounting rings on such beautiful finishes? ?

Hell, heres a thought Ibanez: loose the rings, loose the 8 screws, and maybe you can save enough pennies for a couple lockin studs
post #67 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Speaking of which, did anyone get any shots of the Tremol-no at its various booths, or the Leviathan setup in the Graphtech booth?
I was too busy shootin the sh!t with Jeremy I never even though about shooting pics, I thought he posted some of it anyway?! It was sweet though
post #68 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz
One thing that strucks me as weird (maybe its just personal preference) is: why are they using those damn pickup mounting rings on such beautiful finishes? ?

Hell, heres a thought Ibanez: loose the rings, loose the 8 screws, and maybe you can save enough pennies for a couple lockin studs
Good idea! Hahaha!
post #69 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsu777
That's interesting if the INF is an upgrade, because the new S470DXQMCN is being sold for $40 LESS than last year's model with what you say are lower level pickups. Still wondering if I should place my order for the 2005...
*shrugs* Who knows what elements come together to form a recommended retail price?
post #70 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 03:52 AM

Rich,

As always, thanks for a stirling report!

Some really lovely RGs (and RGAs) This year. The kind of models I've been wanting for years. Some lovely woods on display - Fingers crossed that all the production models have figuring up to the standard of the NAMM show pieces.

The whammyless figured top market is a competative one - lets hope Ibanez pitch their's right and keep the quality up.

I think I just invented a new word - Whammyless!!!!
post #71 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 04:25 AM

Is it just me or is the treble side cutaway on the RGAs a slightly different shape to a regular RG?
post #72 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiro
Was I right or was I right

The reason for Fuji gen stopping production of guitars is such....

Fuji Gen make more than just guitars they make another product that has commanded high demand from the OEM Manufacturer and are going to concentrate on production of that particular Product (money I suppose is the driving factor) I cant name the product or who they make it for, but let me tell it is not even close to musical instrument manufacture..
Well this sparked my interest so looking up fujigen's site I found the following:

1997. 4 The M.I division (the guitar) and 2 divisions of the C.A division start.
In the C.A division, it starts the development * production and sale of the high-class car wood panel and the high-class audio equipment et cetera.
post #73 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Rich,
Can you confirm the details of the RVX please?
post #74 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Banned

Question Re: 2005 NAMM Report

Thanks for the info and pics Rich, some cool stuff!

The Aluminum JS is just Killer!!!!!!!!!!! Coolest thing out this year. That is unreal, love it! Next in coolness is the Swirl RG, like to get more info and buy one if it's not $3100, and of course it's very important it has swirled dimarzio's.

Just don't get the plain ole boring dot inlays on the Mirror Jem, cool Inlays has been one of the things that make the Jem so interesting, exciting and in a world of it's own, yet $3100.00, even the dbk had something other than typical dots. Seems like it would of been just as easy to have something like mirror dots, at least then the board would of not been a complete bore. Just not impressed.

Fairwell vsbl, 2002-2004, Rest In peace my friend.
post #75 of 176 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 03:05 PM

Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting the images Rich! I loved both the new JEM and the JS.

Tags
charvel evh , chrome boy , custom shop , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , edge iii bridge , edge pro iii , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , fender strat , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , giger series , ibanez edge pro , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez pickups , inf pickups , joe satriani , locking stud , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , mexican strat , monkey grip , paf pro , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , production model , ron thal , rosewood board , schaller floyd rose , shark tooth inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , string lock , super distortion , tone zone , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode