Chrome-looking JEM PHOTO - Vai Dimarzio Ad - Page 5 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 11:06 PM

I'm not doing the lumping. There are plenty of nice people here that I know from other forums. "you people" refers to those who locked my threads and sent me on a wild goose chase when you had the answer to my question all along. Seeing that you must get in the last word here I will not be back any more. Enough time has been wasted trying to get a simple question answered. So go for it. You have revealed how mean spirited that you are quite well already so from this point on I will no longer defend myself. Sorry that I asked the question to begin with. I thought that this would be the place to get a straight forward simple answer. Silly me.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 11:08 PM
Vendor

Oh, that "you people", Glen, he's talking to you
post #63 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 11:16 PM

Man. Remind me to never smoke crack and browse the forum. ITs chrome. Not blue. The trem is even powder coat not chrome. Real chrome has a blue hue to it, so whatever material the top is made from has a little blueing in it, but its definitely not blue.
post #64 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Vendor

It;s probably just a photographer trick of lighting to cut down on reflection, notice no "mirror effect"
post #65 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 12:20 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
John SI - your account will be de-activated after i post this. You gotta chill out... it's a friday night and instead of waiting 10 minutes for an answer you broke several forum RULES including SPAMMING.

If you want to post again drop me a note after reading the RULES/FAQ and surfing around a bit to see how things are here. thanks... glen
post #66 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John SI
Yep that's it! It's not chrome though it's blue. Why do you call it chrome? the only thing chrome is the hardware, and maybe the binding, hard to tell in the photo. Why are you guys such hard asses? Sheesh!

John
I'm still trying to figure out what the original question is.

Why do we call it chrome? Because it is. (OK, actually it's mirrored pickguard material on top of a JEM body. But it looks CHROME, not BLUE)

Why are you guys such hard asses? Because you're belligerent and a cross-poster; we like our community the way it is and don't like newbies like you showing up trying to turn it into vai.com's defunct forum.

I thought we covered that in, like, the first two responses.

~d~
post #67 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:27 AM

*goes and reads the rules.... again*

post #68 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:54 AM

The guitar in question is also in a issue of Young Guitar I think... I was at Tower Records and thumbed through it and I think I saw it there. I will go back tomorrow and buy the issue, though I can't read a damn thing in it, as it's all Japanese...

On a side note, I'm thankful to Jemsite for the "member" status... "newcomer" was boring, and now I feel all special...

Plus it's nice to be taken out of the group that says "bye" and keeps talking...or says they won't be back, but keep checking back just to retaliate and whine like a little brat...

I will check tomorrow for the magazine. It was a live pic of Vai playing it, so maybe it'll help...
post #69 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:21 PM

Wow.....I used to buy John Grisham books - but I'm gona burn them and just keep watching this forum......I was GRIPPED reading through this!

Anyway, does anyone know if the Chrome/Blue/Shiny Jem made it to the Jemfest in London?
post #70 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:12 PM

Aside from the petty stuff above, I think this chrome jem should be the next production model after the VSBL. Maybe a limited run of 800 or so like the 90HAM, with a medium price tag, $1500-$1700 or so street price.

Tree of life inlay would be cool but man, they're getting old... something new and just as elegant I think might be in order...

In addition... from what I've seen (its limited but still), isn't the Jem the single most wide variety signature guitar ever made?

-Alex
post #71 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Boy
Wow.....I used to buy John Grisham books - but I'm gona burn them and just keep watching this forum......I was GRIPPED reading through this!

Anyway, does anyone know if the Chrome/Blue/Shiny Jem made it to the Jemfest in London?
LOL, yeah for a place with an owner that hates DRAMA, we sure have our share!
post #72 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 10:01 PM

I laughed hysterically. Never have I seen someone take such offense to a few words. <snicker>
post #73 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
I laughed hysterically. Never have I seen someone take such offense to a few words. <snicker>
just some 12 yr old who can't admit that theyre colour blind
post #74 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBHome
Aside from the petty stuff above, I think this chrome jem should be the next production model after the VSBL. Maybe a limited run of 800 or so like the 90HAM, with a medium price tag, $1500-$1700 or so street price.

Tree of life inlay would be cool but man, they're getting old... something new and just as elegant I think might be in order...

-Alex
Maybe a chrome pyramid, or the lights like Vai's? I guess the Sims lights would kill the street price you suggested, but still...
post #75 of 230 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:11 AM

The price tag on a chrome jem will NEVER be that low

Tags
abalone vine , billy sheehan , black headstock , bridge position , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome boy , chrome jem , chrome vine , chrome vine inlay , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge trem , ebony fretboard , edge trem , electric guitar , evo pickups , feiten tuning system , guitar mag , guitar tech , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , jeannie pickguards , larry dimarzio , locking nut , mirrored pickguard , neck pickup , neck position , neck thru , paf pro , paul stanley , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , scarf joint , signature guitar , steve vai , string saddle , tuning system , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode