I swear this forum has turned into a bunch of whining, crying, bitching, moaning, Ibanez bashing malakians.
I'm not at all surprised these kinda of feelings have materialized. I think bunches of very loyal customers are just mearly expressing their disappointment with the course of action Ibanez is taking.
And I've alway learned that as a company you need to listen to your customers. The minute you stop doing that.......that minute your company is history.
I think most of us are willing to hand over our hard earned cash for some great Ibanez guitars.....and we all know Ibanez can make them......They are now just mearly customs or on special order.........things are not very complicated here. What Ibanez should do is bring out:
- that new chrome pickguard material made Jem (but for 50% of the price).
- a nice black k7 type guitar without that stupid K7 inlay.
- the Meshuggah 8 string......just to be leader of the pack again.
- more interesting colors in JS
line (e.g. Black Chrome paint JS
for price of regular JS1200....)
- did anyone say JS
- and even better would be to bring back the AANJ Radius and do all kinds of funky stuff with that one. We all love that guitar, maybe even more than the JS
- sell Japanese J-Customs (especially the RG8670 TB) to rest of the world.
- open up USA Custom shop again...
All they are doing now is bring some overpriced models, in addition to a pretty boring retail line......most of them being produced (or planned to be produced) in Korea.
They do have a name for this: It's called milking a company.........it's very profitable.........but one day you will discover that there isn't any milk left.