New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance - Page 16 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic
First, ALL Ibanez guitars come with a manual . . . so the idea that, "This being an Ibanez, I didn't get a manual with the guitar . . ." is not correct.

Funny, I see a fair number of complaints on this very site about this very issue. Also, I got all of the other items mentioned, warranty card, tools, trem, silica gel, but no manual. Ibanez has a reputaion for poor support, it is all over the web, and if you check the Ibanez site itself, there is no information on the ZR trem. No information available on their products = poor support.

Quote:
Go back where you bought it, (I'm assuming it's new) and demand your manual. It should be that simple.
Oh, I agree, it SHOULD be simple, but it isn't. I got the guitar wholesale, and it didn't come with a manual. Again, going to the Ibanez website, and looking under the various sections for support, and the "manuals" section, there is barely a mention of the ZR trem. In fact, Ibanez has one generic manual for ALL the electric guitars they make, and it's a 2 page document with only the most general of information, and nothing about the ZR. Here, look for yourself.

Quote:
If they tell you it doesn't come with one, tell them they are full of it and demand they find one, or order one.
I have contacted the wholesale warehouse where I got my guitar numerous times, to no avail, hence my turning to the internet and sites like this.

Quote:
They all come with a manual, registration card, tool kit and trem bar, even the low end crap comes with these things.
But see, they don't, or I would have a manual. The other complaints on this and other sites corroberate this fact. Regardless of where the manual ends up, be it in Guitar Center's back closet, in a warehouse, or in the trash bin at the local mom and pop music store, some players don't get them. I was simply looking for some information on where to download one, or a helpful pointer to a site like Ibanez Rules (great site, btw) that has a primer on the ZR trem available.

Quote:
Sadly I've seen many stores (the two big chains are good for this) try to tell people that all they get with the guitar is the guitar itself . . . nothing more . . . and try to SELL the customer the bar and tool kit.

Mic
This is, unfortunately, absolutely true, and is one of the reasons I don't go to these chains.

Anyway, I think I have found a private luthier who will give it a go, and have dropped my guitar of with him. Hope things work out with the axe. It would be nice to learn how to adjust the trem myself. Maybe next time....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:55 PM

Sorry to see you've been bitten by the "no manual" bug, BUT . . .

You didn't look very hard on Ibanez's site . . .

Found this right on the link you placed in your last post.

http://ibanez.com/support/manuals/ib...ige_manual.pdf

It's in there, in detail. :-)

Mic
post #228 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Does anyone know the following:
1) Is the ZR trem that comes on the S470's exactly the same as the ones on the S1625, (with the exception of the detuner)? I'm specifically wondering if the hardware for the Korean import (the S470) might be built with less exacting specs than the one that goes on the Prestige model, or would they all be from the same production runs?

2) Rich, you mentioned you got some ZR kits. Do you know if the standard ZR trem (say, from the old S1620 or the current 470) could be retrofit with the detuner apparatus? Do you have parts to do that conversion or only complete trems sets?
Bert
post #229 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Vendor

I'm figuring it's just a saddle swap, but I'm still trying to get arm holders for the thing, D Tuners?
post #230 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 06:21 PM

Oh I get it: "D-tuner", so it just drops the low E to a D!! You see I said "detuner" cause I thought you flip the lever and it whacks out every string so your tuning is completely bonkers, just like Randy Bachman's solo in "Taking care of Business" (certainly one of the finest "I forgot to tune" solos in the annals of rock). It only does one string?! That's pretty lame! Rich, get me 6 of them little levers, will ya?

(yeah, I'm kidding...)
B
post #231 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:59 AM

Re: new trems???? new Edge and ZeroResistance???????

I recently purchased a RG320FMTL from american musical and it didn't arrive with a manual (i downloaded a copy from the website). The Edge Pro 2 trem is actually very nice. The arm is a bit different than what I'm used to (Washburn 600s trem) but I've gotten used to it. I actually like the guitar soo much I'm thinking about getting a second ibanez and I've always wanted the s470 in black but the Zero Rocker doesn't sound like what I'm after. Has anyone here gotten a guitar with a Zero Restistance Trem and removed the Zero Restistance system and set it up to float?? If so can you compare it to an Edge Pro 2 in performance??

Thanks guys

Last edited by ShadowSong; 01-06-2005 at 09:15 AM.
post #232 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 02:32 AM

Question Re: new trems???? new Edge and ZeroResistance???????

I am getting a 2005 S470QM adn plan on setting the ZR up to float. But what I want to knowis: Can you buy a D-TUNER from Ibanez for the ZR trem?

I seem to remember seeing it stock on some Ibz model, but I forget which one. Any d tuner fit the ZR trem?
post #233 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:43 AM

D tuner ibanez S:
S2075FWHS
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar...el=S2075FW&z=y
post #234 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 11:50 PM

yeah. but can you like buy just the low E setup gizmo for D tuning, or is it a whole new bridge? I would think it's just one of the saddle mechanisms, but I can be wrong...
post #235 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 10:45 AM

I think Rich would be far better equiped to answer that question being the parts dealer that he is. Let me know how that bridge works out. the flat violet 470s are going really cheap.
post #236 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Vendor

Not only have I not been able to get an answer to that, but I still can't get arm holders for the ZR's.
post #237 of 240 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Re: New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance

I hope it will not cost too much
post #238 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:03 PM

any new info?
post #239 of 240 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 08:33 AM

Reviews: 2

i tried a guitar with the zero resistance. it works great. the best trem ive used so far. maybe im gonna put one of those on my jem if ive ever get the chance to get one
post #240 of 240 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidi_777 View Post
I hope it will not cost too much
6 year bump talking about price

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pickup , bridge position , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , joe satriani , korean guitar , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , music store , neck shim , nut height , pickup cavity , piezo bridge , powersound pickups , prestige necks , pro edge , retainer bar , signature guitar , steve vai , trem arm , trem arms , trem setter , tremolo system , trs trems , wound strings , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode