New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance - Page 3 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:11 AM

I can definitely see Ibanez targeting the players who b!tch about what a pain in the a$$ a floyd unit is to re-string/ tune, etc.... That's not necessarily Jemsiter's who know how to set up a floyd while suspended upside down in a swimming pool while blindfolded territory. I've heard a lot of guys (not all, but mainly beginners) complain about floyds not being very user-friendly.

I think this speedloader design could be a step in the right direction and a very smart move by Ibanez. Time will tell what else this new unit has to offer. Also, I don't think they'll screw up the Edge's stability....That would be an incredibly dumb move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:18 AM

Ah sh!t I double posted...Well, anyway what I was going to add was that it would be great if they also would make intonation easier!
post #33 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
I think that's nothing more than pure speculation... there's no evidence of either of these features from the one photo we've seen of it. What about it seems Wilkinson-inspired?
Just the name that inspired me to think of a possible speculation. As for wilkinson? Just something about those saddle studs reminds me of them.
post #34 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:28 PM

I'm waiting for a 7-string model.
post #35 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Also, retrofitting is muy importante. I would hope that the Edge-Ver.3.0 would drop in. Then again, Floyd's Speedloader does NOT drop right into OFR/TRS guitars. The Speedloader system is kinda cool- if you like one tuning, and have the need to change strings quickly...regularly.
the speedloader WILL retrofit the OFR and most licensed ones. thats what it says on the speedloader site.

also, what is the edge 2? any pics? and what guitar(s) was it on?
post #36 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:05 PM

*link removed by request of ibz distributor*

heres a page in russian(hopefully theres someone russian here who can translate it) but you can pick pieces out from it.[/b]
post #37 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

the new trems!
post #38 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:27 PM

Interesting...

post #39 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:31 PM

it looks like these will retrofit the old edge. but will we be able to get them?
post #40 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
looks like the same posts. the routing is going to be crucial however for full range... glen
post #41 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:48 PM

the routing for the part where the arm goes in looks the same(as does the other side)are you talking about the block part? cause that looks much bigger
post #42 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:53 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i'm talking the entire cavity.... front to back and everywhere inbetween... not just the width of the posts ...glen
post #43 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:00 PM

Well, it looks like the Korean RG models are finally getting a proper Edge trem.

I know absolutely zero Russian, but from those diagrams, it looks like the main differences between the Edge I and the Edge II is that the Edge I has the hardened metal saddle inserts and an Edge bar, and the Edge II uses the SAT/FAT bar (screw-in?) and has solid 1-piece saddles.

Neat.

They look pretty similar in shape to the existing Edge and LoPro, but only the exact dimensions will tell the whole truth.
post #44 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:08 PM

Wow... the back of the ZR trem looks rather complicated! It looks very much like a Kahler/Floyd hybrid.
post #45 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:11 PM

Wow are those new Ibanez models on that page??? These 3020s and 2020s look pretty sweet to me!

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pickup , bridge position , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , joe satriani , korean guitar , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , music store , neck shim , nut height , pickup cavity , piezo bridge , powersound pickups , prestige necks , pro edge , retainer bar , signature guitar , steve vai , trem arm , trem arms , trem setter , tremolo system , trs trems , wound strings , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode