New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance - Page 4 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:14 PM

Just saw that now, it seems that we'll be getting RG2550 and 2570s with DiMarizios and Prestige necks and the Korean Rgs will be getting new edges...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:52 PM

Anyone know if North America will be getting these changes too?
post #48 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:04 PM

I agree with reaper..."If it aint broke, dont fix it", my edge and lo-pro edge work fine, they get the job done, and they always stay in tune, so i am not gonna waste my money on something i dont need.
post #49 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:07 PM
deleted username

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman219
the speedloader WILL retrofit the OFR and most licensed ones. thats what it says on the speedloader site.
My bad. First word I heard was the post width was different. I guess that's why they say "Specs subject to change without notice". :-)

I saw a VWH+RG neck with the Speedloader on it. Played nice, FAST string changes, but it looked kinda funny with no tuners on it. :-) Also, the post holes had been re-drilled/filled. It would have been smart of me to ask about the post holes, distance and width, but....think about who's asking the questions here. LOL
It's a cool system, but mainly for those with string breaking tendencies and/or wear out strings quickly. I think most of us have gotten pretty damn quick at changing with our Edge/LoPros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff l
...who know how to set up a floyd while suspended upside down in a swimming pool while blindfolded territory.
LOL.....amateur. :-)
post #50 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 PM

Here is picture of all the new trems.

*link removed by request of ibz distributor*
post #51 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:32 PM

And the old style edges, that are on the rgs now, will NOT be put on the lower korean made guitars in the 2003 line.
post #52 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:36 PM

The 2003 korean made guitars will have Edge II's, which are NOT the old edges seen on present RG5xx's
post #53 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:27 PM

No I do not speak any Russian but did any of you nticed that the EdgeI saddles seems to have a piezo on them, otherwise I don't see any differences between the Edge I and II
Stefano
post #54 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:13 AM
deleted username

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman219
heres a page in russian(hopefully theres someone russian here who can translate it) but you can pick pieces out from it.
Here ya go (Courtesy of Babelfish):

"Which the year future for us prepares...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the obtained information from the producer in the production line Of ibanez are prepared the substantial changes.Most important news is the fact that from the following year on all guitars under the stamp Of ibanez they will stand the new tremolo of system - Yedge I, Yedge II and ZR To edge I will be established/installed on the tools produced in Japan, and To edge II to the electro-guitars made in Korea.Producer thus far finally did not agree with all his edorserami (Stiv Vay, the joe Of satriani and so forth.)and therefore it is not thus far known, what tremolo will stand on the subscribed guitars.Nevertheless, let us examine in more detail the property of these new typewriters/machines?"

That's a direct copy/paste.
Someone else will have to do the text in the pictures. :-)
post #55 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:17 AM

I love the Babblefish translations...too bad i can only understand some spoken Russian....there must be someone on jemsite who speaks russian though....
post #56 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:22 AM

LOL!!!!!!! the Joe of Satriani, any relation to the King of England, the duchess of york? the Master of Guitar (oh wait, that's vai)
I love babblefish!!!!!!! LOL!!!
post #57 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:28 AM

Now I'm wondering what this disagreement thing between Steve, "Joe of Satriani" (that's funny ) and Ibanez is all about.
post #58 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:44 AM

Steve likes his lo-pro, joe likes his FX-edge, and ibanez like their new edge 3's and ZR's and are trying to get them on the sig models to gain credibility for them?
post #59 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Yedge I, Yedge II...(Stiv Vay, the joe Of satriani and so forth.)...let us examine in more detail the property of these new typewriters/machines?"
Wow, I love that.
post #60 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:33 AM
dex

I speak, read and write russian.
The good thing is that between them Kevan and Darren have all the info covered.
There's absolutelly nothing to add, just read Kevan and Darren's posts here and in the RG5xx being discontinued thread and you'll know as much as I do, which is not that much really.

About the Vai and Satriani all it says is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Ibanez Distributor
Ibanez have not yet reached final agreements with their endorsed artists (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc) and therefore can not confirm which tremolo will be installed on the signature lines
Or something to that effect.

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pickup , bridge position , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , joe satriani , korean guitar , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , music store , neck shim , nut height , pickup cavity , piezo bridge , powersound pickups , prestige necks , pro edge , retainer bar , signature guitar , steve vai , trem arm , trem arms , trem setter , tremolo system , trs trems , wound strings , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode